Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] US Open - Mens Final

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Went to watch one of the early games but not really been watching it since. But the men's final is turning into a great match, with a great comeback by the Russian Medvedev, after being 2 sets down against Nadal he took the 3rd set. Gripping stuff

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
2 sets each, been 7 years since a player has come back from 2 sets down to force a 5th set.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I stopped watching at midnight, UK time. It seemed like a Nadal win in 3 at that stage, 5-5 in the 3rd although Medvedev had recovered the early break. I just assumed it would be a Nadal win in the tie break and boom, everyone's happy, we all go home. But no - brilliant fightback from the Russian.

I think Nadal is inevitably going to catch Federer's Slams record - but Federer will always be the GOAT in my eyes.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yes, Roger is going to need at least 2 or 3 more. Novak and Rafa will both go past his current total.

Not as impossible as it sounds, he's still going properly deep into these slams.

I stopped watching at midnight, UK time. It seemed like a Nadal win in 3 at that stage, 5-5 in the 3rd although Medvedev had recovered the early break. I just assumed it would be a Nadal win in the tie break and boom, everyone's happy, we all go home. But no - brilliant fightback from the Russian.

I think Nadal is inevitably going to catch Federer's Slams record - but Federer will always be the GOAT in my eyes.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Went to watch one of the early games but not really been watching it since. But the men's final is turning into a great match, with a great comeback by the Russian Medvedev, after being 2 sets down against Nadal he took the 3rd set. Gripping stuff

Drove past the complex once, great looking place.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yes, Roger is going to need at least 2 or 3 more. Novak and Rafa will both go past his current total.

Not as impossible as it sounds, he's still going properly deep into these slams.

The real problem is Nadal in France. Thiem is good on clay (fairly poor on the other surfaces) but even he can't touch Nadal on the clay in France. Nadal could easily win 2/3/4/5 more French Opens. It's a real shame for Federer that Wimbledon got away from him this year, but I can see Nadal finishing on 23/24. Djokovic I think will fall short, I don't see his career lasting as long as Nadal or Federer's, but who thought Federer would still be a top 3 player at 38?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I’m going to guess that (incredibly given their age) at least 6 of the next 8 slams will be distributed around Roger, Rafa and Novak. The others are still too far off and too inconsistent. After that, I think they’ll start calling it a day

Only injury will stop Rafa from winning another 2 to 3 French.

It wouldn’t amaze me to see Roger get 2 or 3 in the next two seasons.

I think they’ll all finish somewhere around 22. Though one big injury for any of them and it will be over.

Fascinating this

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I think this was probably one of the most thrilling men's finals I've ever seen - talk about blood and guts, it had just about everything

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here