[Misc] Have you had the central heating on yet [2019 and 2020 editions]

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Not yet. Cricket season still on.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Of course not.

Still in shorts and only put quilt back into cover the night before last.

Bloody millenniums, don't know they're born

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Traditionally this thread always appears while I still have at least 2 windows open.
Once again it hasn't disappointed.

I've just checked my thermostat and it's set to come on at 15 degrees, it's currently reading 19.

I'll hazard a guess I'll not be troubling this thread in 2019!!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m still holding out but not for much longer; dog woke me up at 5.30 this morning...to get under the duvet!! I do like my cold air at night though, always sleep with window open 365 days a year and I live my shorts. Still wearing, sandals too. Usually through to November. Can’t bloody stand heat - those 2 days where we hit 40 degrees damn nearly killed me.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Not yet, although I am quite pleased with myself that the new system I've had installed is something the missus hasn't figured out yet so it's fully in my control.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Not yet. Cricket season still on.

I agree. I'll only put the heating on when they've finished mating and the females are looking for places to lay their eggs.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Blimey it’s Autumn....electric blankets are for wimps...having said all this I suspect someone might have turned the CH on while I’ve been out to get some washing dry :moo:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I never switch ours on or off. The thermostat is set to 19 degs in the house, and 16 at night, so it turns itself on & off. Each radiator has a thermostatic valve. It has been serviced & checked during summer.
It hasn't kicked in yet.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Traditionally this thread always appears while I still have at least 2 windows open.
Once again it hasn't disappointed.

I've just checked my thermostat and it's set to come on at 15 degrees, it's currently reading 19.

I'll hazard a guess I'll not be troubling this thread in 2019!!

You never disappoint

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We’ve got the duvets out for sofa TV watching.

It’s psychological, due to current temp’s being a contrast from the often hot summer just gone and we know it’s nippy (11C) outside. Inside it’s 20C which isn’t cool, but it feels like it could be.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Lovely crackling log fire last night and then flicked the central heating on this morning for an hour or so just to take the edge of a chilly-ish autumnal morning.

Never really understood the "let's pretend we're living in the 1930s" thing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lovely crackling log fire last night and then flicked the central heating on this morning for an hour or so just to take the edge of a chilly-ish autumnal morning.

Never really understood the "let's pretend we're living in the 1930s" thing.

Never really understood why some people (not necessarily yourself) moan their arses off because the surrounding temperature is too high.
Then 3 weeks later pay good money to keep the temperature around them too high.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here