Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you had the central heating on yet [2019 and 2020 editions]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Isn’t it a bit austerity 1950’s to have a date each year that the heating is switched on? Lost count of the number of people who have this very old fashioned idea. It’s the 21st century, it’s OK to turn your heating on if you or someone in your house is cold, it’s not a macho competition :rolleyes:

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Turned the ceiling fan off in the bedroom for the first time last night.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Isn’t it a bit austerity 1950’s to have a date each year that the heating is switched on? Lost count of the number of people who have this very old fashioned idea. It’s the 21st century, it’s OK to turn your heating on if you or someone in your house is cold, it’s not a macho competition :rolleyes:

So what you are saying is that you turned the CH on a month ago and your cardy is in the wash and you’ve run out of Horlicks

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So what you are saying is that you turned the CH on a month ago and your cardy is in the wash and you’ve run out of Horlicks

I’ll have you know my cardies are hand washed you Philistine!

My other half probably costs us the equivalent of a nice luxury weekend away in extra heating a year due to being cold when the temp drops below 20. I bend the knee to any man who can live with a wife who feels the cold and manages to keep the heating turned off :smile:

Horlicks? Whisky or Armagnac does a much better job

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Still in shorts.

But have moved from T-shirt to T-shirt and top.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
No CH yet.
Still wearing shorts and usually do until late October.
I swim in the sea until mid October.
No wet suit, 'ard nut me!:)

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Woke up this morning to find the radiators on!! Had forgotten to lower the weekend house temp, so 19.5C has now been dropped to 18C. Schoolboy error.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
It’s not November, so it’s not on in my house.

This thread is a gift to fans of Northern teams who think that we’re soft down South.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Seriously thinking about it.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It’s not November, so it’s not on in my house.

This thread is a gift to fans of Northern teams who think that we’re soft down South.
You're all soft down south [emoji3063][emoji3063][emoji3063][emoji3063][emoji3063]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here