Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The News reports that come round EVERY bloody year

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Following the schools going back this week and these same bloody stories every year

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-49599078
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-49592200

where else are 'journalists' just rehashing the same old story, time and time again.

(Or am I just becoming really old and cynical ?)

A handful of transgender children in 1 school ! That’s the bit that surprises me the most . Not sure that’s genuine at all

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's the one where the American tourists fail to recognise the Queen while they're out walking round the Balmoral estate. They always ask if she's ever met the Queen, and she always replies 'no but he has', pointing at the Royal Protection Officer.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A handful of transgender children in 1 school ! That’s the bit that surprises me the most . Not sure that’s genuine at all

If you actually go behind the headlines, it's because the girls were wearing skirts that were too short, but that is SO last century, who would want to write a headline for that ? :wink:

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
In a few months' time, I'm also expecting the usual "parents in uproar as 'magical Christmas wonderland' turns out to be not what they were expecting and demand refund of £9.50 they paid for entry". See also: "How many calories are in YOUR Christmas dinner this year?"

And in the run-up to Halloween: "Innocent strangers left terrified as prankster in cheap Poundland mask jumps out from behind a bush a chases them with a [insert object here]."

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yes, it’s called slow news day eg great white shark spotted in channel, trump insults whoever’s next, ‘83 cup final money found in country house attic etc etc

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
where else are 'journalists' just rehashing the same old story, time and time again.

yes, lazy journalism but also daft schools that insist on petty rules or inflexible rules.

the Lewes one actually seems to be a sensible approach to a perceived problem.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mrs T reminds me that The Express announces ever year that this year will be the coldest year on record. I don't ever read the Express and haven't looked at it's front cover since I was a paper boy (it wasa broadsheet back then). Mrs T said 'what newspaper is it that says' (see above)? My instant reply was 'The Express'. Spooky.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
yes, lazy journalism but also daft schools that insist on petty rules or inflexible rules.

the Lewes one actually seems to be a sensible approach to a perceived problem.

Is that 'making everyone wear trousers'? I caught a snippet on the tellybox, and saw a teenage girl with purple hair waving a bit of cradboard with some nonsense about human rights scribbled in crayon. I have a feeling I'm with you on this one :lolol: :thumbsup:

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
"Mum and Dad left fuming after being fined for taking their precious brood on holiday during term-time because it's cheaper than booking family break for the half-term holidays."

"Clocks turn back an hour: the internet breaks as morons take to social media and post memes about being late for work as BST ends."

"ODDS SLASHED FOR WHITE CHRITSMAS; 5 MILLIMETRES OF SNOW PREDICTED FOR THE SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS."

"Uproar as [insert well-known person] is named Time magazine's Person of the Year."

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
"Uproar as [insert well-known person] is awarded the Nobel Peace Prize."

"Bottom-of-the table Crystal Palace announce change of manager ahead of the New Year fixtures."

"Anger as rail fares rise above the cost of inflation for the tenth year running; and trains still aren't arriving on time. We interview the fallen leaves that are being blamed, to get their side of the story."

"Will the world end in 2020? These weirdos on Reddit seem to think so; that must make this newsworthy. Feature-page spread below."

OK I'm going now.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Mrs T reminds me that The Express announces ever year that this year will be the coldest year on record. I don't ever read the Express and haven't looked at it's front cover since I was a paper boy (it wasa broadsheet back then). Mrs T said 'what newspaper is it that says' (see above)? My instant reply was 'The Express'. Spooky.

The Express is still a thing?

Like you, I don’t think I’ve paid it any attention since I was a paperboy back in the 70s.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Following the schools going back this week and these same bloody stories every year

I think these stories are relevant.
Do you believe the news shouldn't mention brexit any more as we have heard it all before?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think these stories are relevant.
Do you believe the news shouldn't mention brexit any more as we have heard it all before?

Well if you believe they are relevant, fill your boots :thumbsup:

And refill them next september, and the september after and .........

And, to save you pointing it out, if someone wasn't buying/clicking on them, they wouldn't bother with them.

And I've probably just helped :wink:

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
And in the run-up to Halloween: "Innocent strangers left terrified as prankster in cheap Poundland mask jumps out from behind a bush a chases them with a [insert object here]."

4CE0C24B-7B9C-4673-B629-F24ECB605D2B.jpeg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

You know one of your favourite pictures to post, that one about missing the point ? Well if I had it to hand I'd post it here. The Lewes Priory story is more to do with Y11 parents being lied to and having to shell out yet more money unnecessarily. And I agree with them. And don't even get me started on school uniform with logos thus increasing the price.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here