Not open for further replies.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
So who was banned and why??

I’m guessing the We are Brighton author for the rant on Twitter after Man City..

Just a guess..

Surprised there was not a thread already about the club statement..

There is. It’s the sticky.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What's happened now

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Why should it not be commented on? Seems people are being barred from discussing stuff, on a forum!

If the social media post breaks the law then the police should prosecute, all fine and dandy. But you don’t get Tesco’s banning people for a viewpoint that the company does not like. Yes the club can choose to admit who they like to their property, to a point, but if they have already taken the money for the product sold then that is a very different matter. Someone will say that it is in the ground rules and regulations blah blah blah, that does not make it legally enforceable. Maybe the club should just wait for court action before deciding that someone is guilty. Big Brother sucks.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Never notice the sticky threads. Bit like adverts in that they're just something I scroll past.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why should it not be commented on? Seems people are being barred from discussing stuff, on a forum!

Being blunt, because I say so.

Specifically, in this instance, I understand it to be a live police matter where speculation could be troublesome. Additionally, receiving a ban from the Albion is punishment enough for any fan. I'm not sure anyone really deserves having people on here dissecting what has happened and telling them they deserve their punishment.

Talk about it wherever you choose. Start your own forum if you want to. I'm just asking that we leave the subject alone here for the reasons above.

If the social media post breaks the law then the police should prosecute, all fine and dandy. But you don’t get Tesco’s banning people for a viewpoint that the company does not like. Yes the club can choose to admit who they like to their property, to a point, but if they have already taken the money for the product sold then that is a very different matter. Someone will say that it is in the ground rules and regulations blah blah blah, that does not make it legally enforceable. Maybe the club should just wait for court action before deciding that someone is guilty. Big Brother sucks.

I'm sure you were banging this drum recently and I gave up trying to reason with you. A football club can decide to not admit anyone for a reason of their choosing, in the same way Tesco can choose not to serve a customer for a reason of their own choosing. As long as that reason is not for reasons of discrimination, and this clearly isn't, then there is nothing anyone can do, whether their decision is "fair" or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here