Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] £7 an hour to spend time with three internationals in the sport you love?

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Not going to mention the event, but wow, Sussex's female NETBALL folk are up in arms.

Three NETBALL internationals are hosting a unique family (parent and child) event where 60 adults and 60 children get to spend seven hours being coached, socially interacting and playing in front of big names in their sport.

The cost is £48 (including VAT) per person for seven hours venue hire, event staff, first aid, match officials, all the necessary equipment, athlete transportation , athlete time and all the promotional and administrative costs involved through work needed pre and post event. It is an event limited to six adult and six children squads spending seven hours event time with three elite athletes. This is not a tournament that has costs spread around dozens of teams or part of a larger sponsored multi-sport event…examples of which have been thrown in our direction, this will be an exclusive and unique once in a lifetime event giving you all the maximum possible time with the elite athletes.

Reaction has been hostile to say the least...

Think its too much?

Last edited:

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Not going to mention the event, but wow, Sussex's female sporting folk are up in arms.

Three internationals from a popular team sport are hosting a unique family (parent and child) event where 60 adults and 60 children get to spend seven hours being coached, socially interacting and playing in front of big names in their sport.

The cost is £48 (including VAT) per person for seven hours venue hire, event staff, first aid, match officials, all the necessary equipment, athlete transportation , athlete time and all the promotional and administrative costs involved through work needed pre and post event. It is an event limited to six adult and six children squads spending seven hours event time with three elite athletes. This is not a tournament that has costs spread around dozens of teams or part of a larger sponsored multi-sport event…examples of which have been thrown in our direction, this will be an exclusive and unique once in a lifetime event giving you all the maximum possible time with the elite athletes.

Think its too much?

What’s the event?

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
I don't want it to constitute advertising on a forum I respect the rules of.

But imagine if it was a sport you loved? And one of the three was the captain of the national team?

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Are you Paul Barber testing the water before he hits send on the next email blitz?

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Netball...there I said it.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What are they up in arms about? The price? The concept? The timing? The structure? The competition?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What are they up in arms about? The price? The concept? The timing? The structure? The competition?

Or that they cannot afford it ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Who is up in arms ? Assume no-one is being forced to pay/go, so what’s the problem ? Sounds like a great opportunity- if I had a daughter interested in netball I’d be encouraging her along.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Seems a fair price. I mean compare it to other things people can do - theatre tickets often cost more, some of the tickets to the albion are up that way, and even the cheaper ones aren't that much lower and only cover two hours, and so on.

Having said that - is it all set now, is there scope for say, half the price and you can attend just the social side or a spectator section etc? I don't know what sort of facilities and how the social side works. In my mind it's kinda like a garden party with mingling after all the games.

Last edited:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Seems fair to me. If your kid loved football and had the chance to spend the day learning from Harry Kane, Raheem Sterling and Ali Jahanbaksh, £50 would seem like a pretty fair price.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
£7/hr for professional coaching in anything sounds pretty reasonable. £50 for whole day event seems pretty OK if you compare to other hobbies.

Not going to mention the event, but wow, Sussex's female NETBALL folk are up in arms.

Three NETBALL internationals are hosting a unique family (parent and child) event where 60 adults and 60 children get to spend seven hours being coached, socially interacting and playing in front of big names in their sport.

Think its too much?

Eldest enjoys her netball and would probably really enjoy it if weekend job/studying didn't intrude. Concert tickets for a couple of hours entertainment are often around the £50 mark.

What age group is it pitched at (she is 17), if it was on a Sunday she might be interested - could you PM details?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Probably just women moaning. That price seems very fair to me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here