Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

£7 an hour to spend time with three internationals in the sport you love?

0 Not allowed!
    Not going to mention the event, but wow, Sussex's female NETBALL folk are up in arms.

Three NETBALL internationals are hosting a unique family (parent and child) event where 60 adults and 60 children get to spend seven hours being coached, socially interacting and playing in front of big names in their sport.

The cost is £48 (including VAT) per person for seven hours venue hire, event staff, first aid, match officials, all the necessary equipment, athlete transportation , athlete time and all the promotional and administrative costs involved through work needed pre and post event. It is an event limited to six adult and six children squads spending seven hours event time with three elite athletes. This is not a tournament that has costs spread around dozens of teams or part of a larger sponsored multi-sport event…examples of which have been thrown in our direction, this will be an exclusive and unique once in a lifetime event giving you all the maximum possible time with the elite athletes.

Reaction has been hostile to say the least...

Think its too much?
    Last edited by Billy in Bristol; 06-09-2019 at 17:45. Reason: LV Gull made me...
    IF you have anything to do with a local sports club PLEASE get involved with [URL="http://www.legacy300.com"/URL] UNIQUE opportunities to utilise GB Olympians to help fundraise:
    [

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy in Bristol View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not going to mention the event, but wow, Sussex's female sporting folk are up in arms.

Three internationals from a popular team sport are hosting a unique family (parent and child) event where 60 adults and 60 children get to spend seven hours being coached, socially interacting and playing in front of big names in their sport.

The cost is £48 (including VAT) per person for seven hours venue hire, event staff, first aid, match officials, all the necessary equipment, athlete transportation , athlete time and all the promotional and administrative costs involved through work needed pre and post event. It is an event limited to six adult and six children squads spending seven hours event time with three elite athletes. This is not a tournament that has costs spread around dozens of teams or part of a larger sponsored multi-sport event…examples of which have been thrown in our direction, this will be an exclusive and unique once in a lifetime event giving you all the maximum possible time with the elite athletes.

Reaction has been hostile to say the least...

Think its too much?
      What’s the event?
      Devil's Advocate (p/t)

1 Not allowed!
      It's so vague it's hard to really form an opinion.
      Please report offensive or libellous posts - read more
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      It very much depends on the sport involved, and who these international 'stars' are.

0 Not allowed!
      I don't want it to constitute advertising on a forum I respect the rules of.

But imagine if it was a sport you loved? And one of the three was the captain of the national team?
      IF you have anything to do with a local sports club PLEASE get involved with [URL="http://www.legacy300.com"/URL] UNIQUE opportunities to utilise GB Olympians to help fundraise:
      [
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy in Bristol View Post
      I don't want it to constitute advertising on a forum I respect the rules of.

But imagine if it was a sport you loved? And one of the three was the captain of the national team?
      Just name it ffs

1 Not allowed!
      Are you Paul Barber testing the water before he hits send on the next email blitz?

0 Not allowed!
      Netball...there I said it.
      [
      Devil's Advocate (p/t)

0 Not allowed!
      What are they up in arms about? The price? The concept? The timing? The structure? The competition?
      Please report offensive or libellous posts - read more

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Acker79 View Post
      What are they up in arms about? The price? The concept? The timing? The structure? The competition?
      Or that they cannot afford it ?
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !