Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Sussex Sharks v Worcestershire Floods, 1/4 Final 20 20 Bish Bosh, 19.00KO, Hove***

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
It's a rematch of last years fateful final, who's going, press saying its Careys last game for us. No Jason Behrendorff, No Rahid Khan, can Will Beer get us over the line.
Its on Sky, should be live on Sussex BBC Radio. I have my final ticket but not one for tonight, will I be seeing my beloved Sussex on the 16th at Edgebaston or wishing I had gone for a Newcastle away ticket instead,

Squad from:

Luke Wright (captain), Will Beer, Danny Briggs, Ben Brown, Alex Carey, Laurie Evans, Harry Finch, George Garton, Chris Jordan, Delray Rawlins, Ollie Robinson, Phil Salt, Reece Topley, David Wiese

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011
It's a rematch of last years fateful final, who's going, press saying its Careys last game for us. No Jason Behrendorff, No Rahid Khan, can Will Beer get us over the line.
Its on Sky, should be live on Sussex BBC Radio. I have my final ticket but not one for tonight, will I be seeing my beloved Sussex on the 16th at Edgebaston or wishing I had gone for a Newcastle away ticket instead,

Squad from:

Luke Wright (captain), Will Beer, Danny Briggs, Ben Brown, Alex Carey, Laurie Evans, Harry Finch, George Garton, Chris Jordan, Delray Rawlins, Ollie Robinson, Phil Salt, Reece Topley, David Wiese

Be an idea to turn up at Edgbaston on the 21st rather than the 16th mate!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Leaving in an hour. Very excited for this one!

Hopefully Alex can smash some runs before returning to Australia. I believe Archer and Kahn can be available on the 21st should Sussex be fortunate enough to win tonight.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
My team would be

Luke Wright
Phil Salt
Alex Carey
Laurie Evans
Delray Rawlins
David Weise
Chris Jordan
Danny Briggs
Oli Robinson
Reece Topley
George Garton

I believe Joffra is free to play in the final if we make it

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Why no Behrendorf?
Suddenly we’re looking to short of strike bowlers.

Shoulder injury. He’s returned to Oz.

Should be Topley and Robinson with the new ball. Jordan and Topley returning at the end of the innings. Rawlins and Wiese can supplement the the attack if needed. Beer and Briggs will bowl in the middle, and maybe 1 to start the innings.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Shoulder injury. He’s returned to Oz.

Should be Topley and Robinson with the new ball. Jordan and Topley returning at the end of the innings. Rawlins and Wiese can supplement the the attack if needed. Beer and Briggs will bowl in the middle, and maybe 1 to start the innings.

I missed Will Beer out of my side :dunce: I am the Stuart Pearce of cricket side picking - bye bye Garton...

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011

Squad from:

I just wonder if it'll be a match too far for us, don't know if we've already peaked? Probably guessed I'm a pessimist, but just feel our bowling attack isn't carrying the 'bite' it was earlier in the tournament. Players missing through international call up and injury is a shame, although expected. I actually think our T20 bowling attack (if all available) is almost as good as any in franchise cricket across the globe.

Anywho, I went off on a tangent and am gonna go against everything I've just said... Sussex by 37 runs or 6 wickets, depending on if we bat first or second! Here's hoping!

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I just wonder if it'll be a match too far for us, don't know if we've already peaked? Probably guessed I'm a pessimist, but just feel our bowling attack isn't carrying the 'bite' it was earlier in the tournament. Players missing through international call up and injury is a shame, although expected. I actually think our T20 bowling attack (if all available) is almost as good as any in franchise cricket across the globe.

Anywho, I went off on a tangent and am gonna go against everything I've just said... Sussex by 37 runs or 6 wickets, depending on if we bat first or second! Here's hoping!

No I have the same fears, losing Rashid last finals days made us fall at the last hurdle. Still a tremendous feat. I hope our Batsman feel the occasion and score big.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I'm just setting off for the game, obviously a few pints first though!

We'll smash those Worcestershire sauce boys!

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
In all seriousness, as I stupidly missed the boat with buying direct from Edgbaston when they went on sale in May... does anybody know how many Sussex would be allocated if we made it through?

They have upped it to 750 this year from 500. I did not get one last year been a member for 25 or more years.

That's why I grabbed one when it popped up. Someone on here got one a while ago as the odd singles and doubles pop up prompted me to do the same.

I did get a return from Edgebaston last year, after the club sale.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
No I have the same fears, losing Rashid last finals days made us fall at the last hurdle. Still a tremendous feat. I hope our Batsman feel the occasion and score big.

I have those fears too. Mills has been very good steaming down the hill. He has been missed as offers a huge wicket taking threat and control. Jordan, with all his international and franchise experience, needs to step up. Rashid has been missed too but you won’t find a better third choice spinner than Will Beer at any county. (That’s counting Rashid as a Sussex player, we’re merely borrowing him whenever Sussex can).

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Good luck - I am at Gloucestershire tomorrow hoping for a fitting Max Klinger farewell.

Who wants Chris Nash and Notts in the semi finals?

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Philip Salt
Luke Wright(c)
Laurie Evans
Alex Carey(wk)
David Wiese
Delray Rawlins
Chris Jordan
Ollie Robinson