Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Brighton Miracle

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
brighton-miracle.jpg

Filmed in Oz. :rant:

"The story of what is regarded as the greatest sporting upset in history" - ok, mate...

Last edited:

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Was Japan's victory at the last Rugby World Cup a sublime sporting moment? - absolutely.

Does it warrant a movie as though it's some kind of miracle event? no

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Suspect this will be a truly shit movie, produced solely to fit in with the 2019 RWC in Japan, that totally fails to capture the actual magic of the moment by drowning it in ‘human interest stories’ and recreating the onfield action in toecurlingly lame way.

Large popcorn please, thanks.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Suspect this will be a truly shit movie, produced solely to fit in with the 2019 RWC in Japan, that totally fails to capture the actual magic of the moment by drowning it in ‘human interest stories’ and recreating the onfield action in toecurlingly lame way.

Large popcorn please, thanks.

Yep.

I suspect also that no mention will be made of the fact that the top brass absolutely wrecked Japan's chance of progression with absolutely shameful scheduling. I haven't checked the fixtures for Japan this month, but I do hope the tournament's integrity isn't compromised like that again.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's aimed at a market that isn't ours. Go for it I say.

None of it filmed at the Amex? Shame.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
"The story of what is regarded as the greatest sporting upset in history" - ok, mate...

I'm sure the film is absolutely pony, but I think that's a pretty fair comment. It's hard to think of a greater sporting shock than that. The USA beating England in 1950 possibly, but I think Japan beating SA tops that.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I'm sure the film is absolutely pony, but I think that's a pretty fair comment. It's hard to think of a greater sporting shock than that. The USA beating England in 1950 possibly, but I think Japan beating SA tops that.

Yeah, I couldn't give two hoots about egg chasing and only showed mild interest in this as it was at the amex. Could not believe they had actually won when I checked the result. Was pretty astounding.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's aimed at a market that isn't ours. Go for it I say.

None of it filmed at the Amex? Shame.

How can a film about what happened at the Amex not actually feature the Amex and at least be partially filmed there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here