Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] *** Official Question Time Thread 5/9/19 ***

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Great line-up tonight.

Bruce is in the middle of the warring factions. Can she hold them apart?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
All the politicians are being made to look very foolish and unprofessional.
I can't see this being solved in any other way than a people's vote.
There is a lot of hostility and anger within the audience. How many episodes before someone smacks another audience member?

(I don't rate Fiona Bruce, her timing when interrupting is poor)

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
Politicians eh? Cynical, loud mouthed oafs - all of them, with the exception of Ms Bruce.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
BREXIT guy just explained what democracy isn't , it's not about 51% wins all, it is about consensus and not swathes of people being worse off.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Question Time audience even turning on itself. Anyway, to answer. Johnson has three options. Agree a deal, ask for an extension, or break the law by doing nothing. He could resign- but that leaves the original three options.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Politicians eh? Cynical, loud mouthed oafs - all of them, with the exception of Ms Bruce.

Unfortunately they are a reflection of where many of us are at the moment.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I thought Fiona Bruce was awful but - in spite of her- the show was good.

Fran112

Jun 6, 2011
Waterlooville
That Scottish tw@t is really getting up my nose.
Can England please have a vote for Scottish Independence[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The position now seems to have boiled down to

a) people exasperated by why it is taking so long generally drawn from both groups and a dangerous place to be as it means they will accept anything

b) remainers who can't believe that anyone still wants to leave given the absurdities of the last 3 years

c) brexiteers who feel that democracy has been some how stopped in its tracks

The gap between b and c are continuing to grow and none of the politicians are addressing any of the fundamentals.

As a remainer in group b I would be placated if someone could tell me why it is all going to be better for me and most of the population after we leave.

i can see him calling a vote of no confidence in himself ??? when they return and voting for it..He would then effectively force the opposition to either say they have confidence in him :) so he stays in power or vote against him so he can then turn round and tell parliament that hes calling an election in November, either way getting a no deal exit..

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
i can see him calling a vote of no confidence in himself ??? when they return and voting for it..He would then effectively force the opposition to either say they have confidence in him :) so he stays in power or vote against him so he can then turn round and tell parliament that hes calling an election in November, either way getting a no deal exit..

Why would an election mean a No Deal exit? Johnson hasn’t got a cat’s chance in hell of getting a majority.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
...force the opposition to either say they have confidence in him :) so he stays in power or vote against him so he can then turn round and tell parliament that hes calling an election in November, either way getting a no deal exit..

Even losing wouldn't guarantee an election. He could lose the vote and see the opposition parties line up behind Ken Clarke or Phillip Hammond as an interim PM/government (now that neither are officially Tories!). They'd get the extension and then call a general election.

Of course, Boris could still be leader of the Tories and campaign for that election along the lines of "I tried my best, they betrayed you" etc etc etc which might win it. Maybe that's his long game....? It's a massive gamble.

Either way, he can't force through a No Deal now whatever he does.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That Scottish tw@t is really getting up my nose.
Can England please have a vote for Scottish Independence[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just as soon as we've taken all their oil.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The next election will essentially be a straight referendum on a No Deal Brexit - if the Brexit people want it to happen, they have to vote Conservative. People who don't want Brexit at all have to vote Labour. Voting for The Brexit Party or Liberal Democrats will prevent either of the main parties getting a majority, which then continues the bonkers chaos. This craziness will only end when Labour form a new government and revoke Article 50 because it's not in the interests of the country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here