Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard out of Belgium Squad with Groin Injury

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
This is funny many fans on here demanding AC given a chance now he has one it’s wet the bed time :shrug:

Well I was an advocate of him playing and still believe it was the right decision because
a) Locadia did not want to play (based on what I saw)
b) Andone wanted to be first choice and did not want to be super sub (rumour)
c) AK we had upgraded him unfortunately his replacement is injured. it happens.

Time for young Mr Connolly to play his part. Peter Ward was twenty when he played for us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Massive gamble to let three strikers leave

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk

Andone, Locadia and ? (Please don’t say Hemed, he was never in the frame)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Andone, Locadia and ? (Please don’t say Hemed, he was never in the frame)

Exactly what I was thinking. And tho 'striker' may well have been flattering in Locadia's job description, and to a lesser extent Andone's, that's no reason to persevere with them indefinitely. It was bad enough when we did it with the likes of COG and CMS. At this level it's fatal. Golden chance now for Maupay, Trossard (when fit again) and Connolly, with Murray playing the odd goal svoring cameo. Happy with that.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Exactly what I was thinking. And tho 'striker' may well have been flattering in Locadia's job description, and to a lesser extent Andone's, that's no reason to persevere with them indefinitely. It was bad enough when we did it with the likes of COG and CMS. At this level it's fatal. Golden chance now for Maupay, Trossard (when fit again) and Connolly, with Murray playing the odd goal svoring cameo. Happy with that.

So with Trossard already crocked, let's say Maupay does his cruciate tomorrow then we are down to Murray and the untried youngster Connolly. Would be unfortunate but certainly not impossible. Whichever way you look at it, it's a massive gamble and could be suicidal for us. Even if you take the view we are better off without Locadia, Andone and Hemed (which we probably are) then it's unforgivable only to realise this at the end of August. Hopefully it all works out because it's ballsy that's for sure.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So with Trossard out, it's perm any 3 from 5

Murray, Maupay, Connolly, Gross, March

And for the first time since we got to the Premier League, under Potter, I can see a way ahead that doesn't rely on Murray or a Murray type replacement.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So with Trossard out, it's perm any 3 from 5

Murray, Maupay, Connolly, Gross, March

And for the first time since we got to the Premier League, under Potter, I can see a way ahead that doesn't rely on Murray or a Murray type replacement.

If you're adding in March and Groß I think you're forgetting The Persian Playmaker himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here