Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard out of Belgium Squad with Groin Injury

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Andy Naylor in 'talking out of his arse' shocker. I wouldn't have thought the club even know how long he's going to be out for yet, and if they did they certainly wouldn't be straight on the phone telling everyone.

Naylor has a quote from Trossard's agent in fairness.

Says he will hopefully be back AFTER the Newcastle game. Not great news.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Groins nasty , seen these needing ops. Concern

Depends what it is. There’s a ton of groin ailments needing anything from a few days rest to operations.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Andy Naylor in 'talking out of his arse' shocker. I wouldn't have thought the club even know how long he's going to be out for yet, and if they did they certainly wouldn't be straight on the phone telling everyone.

Andy Naylor is guessing unless he's suddenly a medic who's done a scan on Trossard.

This... the quote is directly from Trossards agent Josy Comhair - who I suspect is probably better placed than you 2, to offer insight on the extent of the injury.....

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

The problem with that statement is that 'after' could mean anything from the hopeful thought that he could face Chelsea, to the rather more sobering Bournemouth after Christmas or even worse.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
This is not good. We seem to be becoming ever more reliant on our youngsters stepping up to the plate......

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Jesus wept. Can you not scroll back a page?

We've got no direct replacement for Trossard. That's because he's a unique player. We've got no direct replacement for Dunk. That's because he's the best CB in the club by a Country Mile. We've no direct replacement for Murray either as he's comfortably the best Premier League Non International Over 35 Striker. However, we have MASSIVE depth in people who can do a job in that position. Not as well as Trossard but then Barca have no direct replacement for Messi, Juve can't replace Renaldo and Real can't find another Hazard.

Did you just compare a bloke who's played three PL games to Messi, Ronaldo and Hazard?!
:lolol:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I’ll be the pedant:
Trossard is P3 W0 D1 L2. The only game we’ve won he didn’t feature.
So this is not the end of our world.
I like the initial look of him A LOT, he is dynamic and positive, however he is showing a tendency to over do it at times. His finishing looks crisp (West Ham) but he missed a good chance in that match and also 2 very good chances v City (most teams won’t get better chances v them).
I don’t think he’s the total package yet but has superb potential.
When is Bissouma back?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Still plenty of options down the left. Bernardo and March for example

True but he doesn’t only play down the left. From the games so far the 2 or 3 behind the striker(s) have license to swap, not sure Bernardo will do that, March could. IMO March will replace Trossard with Bernardo replacing March with reprieve for Gross in the starting line up (who has not impressed so far this season).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here