Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seagulls’ decision to clip heir wings an unneeded risk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Brighton and Hove Albion have taken a gamble. Quite a big one at that.

With the window to add to their squad closed, the Seagulls made the decision to loan out Jürgen Locadia and Florin Andone.

The former started in the 3-1 triumph over Watford to kick off the Graham Potter era while the latter came off the bench to score the second that day.

Both looked set to play a part for Brighton this season. Both appeared to be ideal for the system being used by the former Swansea tactician

MORE >>> https://whisp.rs/2HPgqrJ

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Brighton and Hove Albion have taken a gamble. Quite a big one at that.

With the window to add to their squad closed, the Seagulls made the decision to loan out Jürgen Locadia and Florin Andone.

The former started in the 3-1 triumph over Watford to kick off the Graham Potter era while the latter came off the bench to score the second that day.

Both looked set to play a part for Brighton this season. Both appeared to be ideal for the system being used by the former Swansea tactician

MORE >>> https://whisp.rs/2HPgqrJ

Meh :shrug:

Both Locadia and Andone had multiple opportunities to stake their claim. Both fell far short of the mark. Trossard and Maupay look a far better bet in a far more nimble side.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I lost interest when I saw what whoever it is couldn’t even get the Watford score right

And which heir has had their wings clipped? :wink:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I am still baffled why we binned off Locadia and Andone AFTER the transfer window closed and when we had no opportunity to replace. I haven't seen any explanation of why, having put them in the 25 man squad, they went when they did.

If they weren't up to it (and IMO Locadia has never been up to it) why didn't Potter sell them during the summer, raise a bit of cash and then replace?

Anybody help me out here?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not convinced Locadia looked "ideal" for Potter's style. He's quite slow, for one thing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am still baffled why we binned off Locadia and Andone AFTER the transfer window closed and when we had no opportunity to replace. I haven't seen any explanation of why, having put them in the 25 man squad, they went when they did.

If they weren't up to it (and IMO Locadia has never been up to it) why didn't Potter sell them during the summer, raise a bit of cash and then replace?

You and me both.

We all knew that Locadia was shite, and Andone was a loon. Didn't anyone bother telling GP till after the season had started and the window had closed ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

The club have been issuing statements over the summer that they wanted to get more out the players they already have. Seems like that's what they're trying to do, while shipping out the high-maintenance duffers/liabilities. Having said that tho, doesn't explain why Ali J is still here.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe

Maybe Potter wanted to see for himself what they were like in Premier League matches under his instruction?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe Potter wanted to see for himself what they were like in Premier League matches under his instruction?

Potter and the legion of backroom minions whispering in his ear. Pretty sure they're not backward in coming forward with their opinions in order to try and justify their position on the payroll.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I've convinced myself that the Andone move was instigated by Andone himself and not by Potter or the training staff. Locadia was pushed out but Andone jumped.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Heard that within the squad Andone was about as popular as a pork chop at a bar mitzvah. That Bernardo kick before the Southampton game would seem to bear that out, so I guess he eventually fell foul to the strict No Dickheads policy, even if it has left us chronically short up front now.

SAC

May 21, 2014

I'd guess that they tried to sell them but there were no offers. If they do well out on loan them someone may come in for them, if not then their contracts can be paid out if necessary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here