Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Galatasaray

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
whaat. That's the first time I've seen it and very different to the impression I got hearing about it.

How on earth can anyone think Andone is aggressive in that clip? He doesn't react angrily at all to a vicious kick from Bernando.

Actually quite shocked by that kick. Nasty stuff.

It was clearly mucking around that got taken the wrong way. What is more telling is the lengths to which Bernardo felt he had to go to smooth things over. Adds more to the suggestions that Andone can't let a grudge go easily

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
It was clearly mucking around that got taken the wrong way. What is more telling is the lengths to which Bernardo felt he had to go to smooth things over. Adds more to the suggestions that Andone can't let a grudge go easily

As BG would say, all about opinions. To me it looks deliberate and nasty and Andone is a bit miffed. I seriously thought he'd gone mental from what I'd read.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

My guess would be that Andone was pissed off at the time, and then probably absolutely bloody furious when he saw it. Its actually worse than I remember having first seen it. Andone would know he's getting his first start of the season, and in the warm-up he gets a hefty boot on his calf from a team mate.

WTF was Bernardo thinking ? Actually, having heard that a player was apparently injured in training after an over-zealous challenge from Andone, I think I might have half a clue. Maybe only half a clue, but...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
ITK? looked it up, still dont understand.
sheebo claims to be thee most In The Know poster on NSC, yet he doesn't even know about the legendary Bernado vs Andone kick.

sheebo claims to be thee most In The Know poster on NSC, yet he doesn't even know about the legendary Bernado vs Andone kick.
I know many people get annoyed when post-War players are referred to as 'legendary' but that misuse of the word must break all records concerning the recency* of the event!

*OK, so I just made that word up :)

Last edited:

Have to say, even if Andone is a total shitstick, Bernardo was bang out of order with that.

Yes I don’t get it. Andone just looked round pissed off that someone has kicked him for no reason than twatting around. Perfectly natural reaction, how he’s made out to be the villain here I don’t know

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes I don’t get it. Andone just looked round pissed off that someone has kicked him for no reason than twatting around. Perfectly natural reaction, how he’s made out to be the villain here I don’t know

There's clearly history within the team that goes beyond what Bernardo did that day. Bernardo was being a prick, but it sounds like Andone has plenty of previous on that front, and we probably just saw the culmination of it.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
There's clearly history within the team that goes beyond what Bernardo did that day. Bernardo was being a prick, but it sounds like Andone has plenty of previous on that front, and we probably just saw the culmination of it.

I got the impression that what Bernardo did was an accident. From what I remember he went to volley kick his chewing gum but accidentally caught Andone because Andone stopped abruptly and bent down for whatever reason which Bernardo hadn't anticipated. If Andone had continued walking Bernardo wouldn't have kicked him. I don't think there was any intention or malice on the part of Bernardo.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I got the impression that what Bernardo did was an accident. From what I remember he went to volley kick his chewing gum but accidentally caught Andone because Andone stopped abruptly and bent down for whatever reason which Bernardo hadn't anticipated. If Andone had continued walking Bernardo wouldn't have kicked him. I don't think there was any intention or malice on the part of Bernardo.

[tweet]1165263864285532160[/tweet]

Riiight...

.....You sure ?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Makes me wonder if Andone would have been as hot headed with that awful challenge if Bernardo hadn't wound him up like that just before kickoff...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here