Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Villa Caraboa Cup

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The single worst thing about VAR is the delay, killing the instant joy of celebrating a goal. (I’ve always been pro technology to eradicate injustices, but didn’t bargain on this very real effect at matches).

But I bet West Ham and Stains fans think it’s bloody marvellous. For now!
How can you speed a close decision up on VAR? You can't really. It needs to be analyzed. I'm out of this.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Can’t be arsed for a midweek reserve team game 120 miles away

I can be arsed and it’s 10,500 miles.

It’s the only game at the Amex during the almost 3 weeks I’m in the UK so I am absolutely going:albion2::ascarf::cheery:

Newcastle away followed by Chelsea away. Who’d’ve thunk it eh?:rant::censored:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I can be arsed and it’s 10,500 miles.

It’s the only game at the Amex during the almost 3 weeks I’m in the UK so I am absolutely going:albion2::ascarf::cheery:

Newcastle away followed by Chelsea away. Who’d’ve thunk it eh?:rant::censored:

Yeah, the PL really annoy me as there are plenty of times we have 2 away on the trot followed a few weeks later by two in a row at home. Why on earth can't they space them equally?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Would anyone care if they scrapped the league cup?

Well we certainly have too many cup competitions, most of them meaningless, no doubt about that. Personally l'd rather just retain the FA Cup if it meant all participating teams played their strongest players.. That might bring the excitement, and the crowds, back.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Yeah, the PL really annoy me as there are plenty of times we have 2 away on the trot followed a few weeks later by two in a row at home. Why on earth can't they space them equally?

I think the logistics of, say, both Merseyside clubs (or both Manchester clubs for example) playing home games on the same day means that it can't be as straight-forward as simply alternating H-A-H-A etc.I could be wrong.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
How can you speed a close decision up on VAR? You can't really. It needs to be analyzed. I'm out of this.

Making an exact science of this is wrong especially when at the final point some of it still comes down to interpretation. It should identify things that the ref has missed and perhaps needs to be treated as a permanent 4th eye to pick up other things on the pitch which are missed. If you can't make a decision in 30 secs then thats it .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Making an exact science of this is wrong especially when at the final point some of it still comes down to interpretation. It should identify things that the ref has missed and perhaps needs to be treated as a permanent 4th eye to pick up other things on the pitch which are missed. If you can't make a decision in 30 secs then thats it .

Better still, do away with Stockley Park and the 4th eye, leave it to the three officials on the field the way it's always been done since football began.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I wonder how many of those that aren't going will be keeping tabs on the match whilst it's in progress? Personally, when the Albion are playing that's me committed for that 2 hours, so I might as well go and watch it live.

There's also the fact of having lost Locadia and Andone I'm interested to see the likes of Connolly and Alzate perform.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
My only home game in two years +, gagging for it. Geordies and Chelsea away in the same week too, beer, mates and Albion, cannot wait!

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Who cares who it is or what it’s in, it’s the Albion that’s enough. Went to Wimbledon on Tuesday so obviously going to the Amex whoever’s playing.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think the logistics of, say, both Merseyside clubs (or both Manchester clubs for example) playing home games on the same day means that it can't be as straight-forward as simply alternating H-A-H-A etc.I could be wrong.

London clubs play on the same day. I know it'd be hard for the local police but it seems rich that fans of all other clubs suffer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here