Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] How you know you’re getting old.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
The time I realised I was officially old was when I went to the barbers for a hair cut and he also offered to trim my eyebrows!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
So many to mention. However, recurring one is where I glance in rear view mirror and gasp as looks like a 12 year old driving in car behind.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
When a shop assistant offers to email you a receipt, you say "I haven't got an email" and they believe you.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Went to Argos to get an xbox game for my son (21), the young girl behind the counter asked me for I.D. 'I am fifty friggin eight young lady!'. Refused to give me the game till i produced my driving licence. So i have aged well :banana:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Went to a gig a few years ago at the Dome - the guys on the door asked was I here to pick up my son or daughter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Went to Argos to get an xbox game for my son (21), the young girl behind the counter asked me for I.D. 'I am fifty friggin eight young lady!'. Refused to give me the game till i produced my driving licence. So i have aged well :banana:

They do that in the US when trying to get a drink - being in your 50s or 60s is no excuse. "No exceptions, buddy". It's really annoying having to take a passport with you every time you go out

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
They do that in the US when trying to get a drink - being in your 50s or 60s is no excuse. "No exceptions, buddy". It's really annoying having to take a passport with you every time you go out

I had a supermarket in the US refuse to sell me a bottle of wine once, even though I was 38 years old and had my passport with me as ID.

The reason?

My ID didn’t give my height and weight.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I also remember turning up on the evening of the gig and being able to buy tickets on the door rather than having to book and pay eight months in advance.

Now that makes me REALLY old

Or send an SAE with a cheque to the venue’s box office.

Urb

Jul 9, 2019
Horsham
When you struggle to pack your shopping bags fast enough to keep up with the person on the til
when you don't remember your own mobile number
When you no longer feel it's appropriate to make crude innuendos

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
When your ear lobes increase in length to sometimes quite alarming proportions.
Fortunately this hasn't happened to me yet but it's a phenomenon which has always intrigued me. It only seems to affect men for some reason as I've never seen an elderly woman afflicted by it. I've still no idea what it's all about.

Is anyone on here affected by elongated earlobes which they didn't have when they were younger?

View attachment 114951

It happened because my Mrs expressed through elongating my earlobes that she wish my head would stay in position and that there was value in having a strong and limber tongue.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
When your Grandson is born.

Royal Sussex County Hospital. Yesterday.
Will always have BRIGHTON on his birth certificate. Lucky fella.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
....when chats with old school friends always include reference to age related jokes, aches, pains, operations and sympathy for contemporaries who have recently died or been diagnosed with terminal illnesses.

I had a supermarket in the US refuse to sell me a bottle of wine once, even though I was 38 years old and had my passport with me as ID.

The reason?

My ID didn’t give my height and weight.

Thank goodness that they don't appear to have to go through that palaver when buying guns.

....Back OT - I think this is very appropriate for this thread :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here