Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] How you know you’re getting old.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When you have your ipod on shuffle and a young family member asks if you have any music that’s not at least twenty years old :down:

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Hurt my back doing up my shoelaces.

Get excited about a new dish sponge.

Think 99% of new music is crap (it is).

Don't go absolutely mental at a free bar.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
When your ear lobes increase in length to sometimes quite alarming proportions.
Fortunately this hasn't happened to me yet but it's a phenomenon which has always intrigued me. It only seems to affect men for some reason as I've never seen an elderly woman afflicted by it. I've still no idea what it's all about.

Is anyone on here affected by elongated earlobes which they didn't have when they were younger?

fstoppers-aging-before-after2.gif

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Getting up to pee in the night
Keeping a bit of wood 'that might come in useful to stir paint'
Using a golf trolley instead of carrying your bag (then, sadly progressing to a motorised trolley - Nursing Home is not far off when you reach that point)
Carrying reading glasses everywhere and having pairs dotted all over the house
Buying literally any item of clothing from M&S

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
When the Albion away fixture list comes out, and lots of people are marking off certain grounds as they will be their first visit, and you've already seen the Albion play there at least 6 times.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When your ear lobes increase in length to sometimes quite alarming proportions.
Fortunately this hasn't happened to me yet but it's a phenomenon which has always intrigued me. It only seems to affect men for some reason as I've never seen an elderly woman afflicted by it. I've still no idea what it's all about.

Is anyone on here affected by elongated earlobes which they didn't have when they were younger?

View attachment 114951

Your ears are cartilage and so never stop growing. The lobes elongate with gravity. Women cover it up with their hair.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
When I watched the Barcelona game at the weekend and realised I’m old enough to be their scorers Grandad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
When you go along to a normal NHS Health Check, and the nurse advises you who the dementia GP is.

Just in case I " Don't know where I am".

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
When I have a wee and it smells of sugar puffs and I haven’t eaten them for years

Getting given a gift card for a garden centre

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here