Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England vs Australia, Ashes 4th test - Old Trafford

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Oh great Lyon is on, can’t wait to listen to Tim Paines stupid ‘bowled Gaz’ on constant loop. Turn the stump mic off for the love of god Sky.

I just popped my headphones on for the evening session. It's taken 3 balls of "here we go Gazza" before I decided to put some music on instead.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
So far, so good

draw.JPG

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Oh great Lyon is on, can’t wait to listen to Tim Paines stupid ‘bowled Gaz’ on constant loop. Turn the stump mic off for the love of god Sky.

Why does he call him "Gaz"?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Lyon getting absolutely roasted by the crowd every time he catches the ball, he looks unimpressed then drops the ball when someone throws him it and the crowd go wild. :lolol:

I wondered this before, it’s to do with an old AFL player whom he shares a last name with.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

1. Because they are fckin idiots.
2. Because there is a Gary Lyon that plays Aussie Rules and Nathan likes to be called it. He is such a dick he actually insists on it even though the likes of Paine have said they'd rather not.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Another wasted review. Excellent. :thumbsup:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
You have to say Cummins has been rather unfortunate today, still coming in and bowling near on 90mph

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Nightwatchman, so more like 48/1.5

Oh, now it's 108/1.5

enough to beat the cheats but we'll see, eh?
Its interesting the way the poms (for now I will count myself out of that group, although no Aussie would ever let me) go on about this as if we were not utterly disgusted, we were/are.TBH I think most here would be happy if Warner was not in the team, as to Smith I think the consensus is that he was a weak willed pratt but there is still a bit of unease about him playing. This being said there is an air of "holy than though" regarding Australian sports that we need to deal with.

Oh and its 200/5 here is hoping for bright sunshine anything over 25c and you guys wilt and carry on like its 40c :)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Its interesting the way the poms (for now I will count myself out of that group, although no Aussie would ever let me) go on about this as if we were not utterly disgusted, we were/are.TBH I think most here would be happy if Warner was not in the team, as to Smith I think the consensus is that he was a weak willed pratt but there is still a bit of unease about him playing. This being said there is an air of "holy than though" regarding Australian sports that we need to deal with.

My biggest question is how many times did the ‘cheating’ occur, if I regard it as a one off incident I would forgive because people make mistakes and as stupid as what they did was a one off is forgivable, what we will never know is the true extent of how often this actually happened. But alas we will never know and I think Smith is the difference between two teams of distinctly average batting, and if boot was on the other foot I wouldn’t want him out the team.

O/T I know and this has been done to death on here :lolol:

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
My biggest question is how many times did the ‘cheating’ occur, if I regard it as a one off incident I would forgive because people make mistakes and as stupid as what they did was a one off is forgivable, what we will never know is the true extent of how often this actually happened. But alas we will never know and I think Smith is the difference between two teams of distinctly average batting, and if boot was on the other foot I wouldn’t want him out the team.

O/T I know and this has been done to death on here :lolol:

It is seen here as a one off brain fart, caused by a ridiculous amount of pressure from Cricket Australia, the media and the public to win. There was a fairly extensive inquiry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here