Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England vs Australia, Ashes 4th test - Old Trafford

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It is seen here as a one off brain fart, caused by a ridiculous amount of pressure from Cricket Australia, the media and the public to win. There was a fairly extensive inquiry.

Inquiry led by...Cricket Australia? ����

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This is why I like forums, you can get a much wider perspective on things. I looked up the scandal and had not read this before https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/a-one-time-plan-taylor-questions-ball-tampering-theory-20190326-p517q2.html I suspect the inquiry I thought happened didn't. Although the news that I read (ABC) was scathing of CA.

Haha, thanks for that, excellent article. As far as independent investigations go then, that’s about as useless as it gets........

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Here we go then, mission save the test match.... again!! Crucial first session including new ball coming up in 6 overs this morning

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
You have to say when you actually think about this series, we are very lucky to even still be in with a shout, we seem to have been on the back foot since the first test and whenever we’ve gained the ascendency it’s been quickly followed by some sort of collapse in the batting order.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You have to say when you actually think about this series, we are very lucky to even still be in with a shout
We were unlucky (possibly daft) to lose Jimmy in the first test. We've won every test where we've won the toss. We were winning the second, but it got rained off.

I don't think we've had the best luck.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Tim Paine pondering a review, looks at Steve Smith who shakes his head. Fake captain :lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Tim Paine pondering a review, looks at Steve Smith who shakes his head. Fake captain :lolol:

Yet Paine couldn't be certain Smith was shaking his head in reaction to the review or answering the voices in his head.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
We were unlucky (possibly daft) to lose Jimmy in the first test. We've won every test where we've won the toss. We were winning the second, but it got rained off.

I don't think we've had the best luck.

This is the silly thing about cricket. The World Cup was the same.

The toss of a coin gives the winner a huge advantage.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is the silly thing about cricket. The World Cup was the same.

The toss of a coin gives the winner a huge advantage.
Indeed.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Too good for JB from Starc with the new ball

90mph inswinging and through the gate, which was left open by an ill-judged airy drive, and smashes into middle and off

JM Bairstow b Starc 17 (37b 2x4 0x6)

228-6

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
You could drive a bus through the gap Bairstow leaves between bat and pad. Horrific

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Shit

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The Old Trafford square always looks grim. Rolled mud.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here