Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England vs Australia, Ashes 4th test - Old Trafford

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Overton in for Woakes, Denly opening with Roy at 4. Aussies have dropped Khawaja, but no confirmed team yet.

England XI for fourth Test: Rory Burns, Joe Denly, Joe Root (capt), Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Jos Buttler, Craig Overton, Jofra Archer, Stuart Broad, Jack Leach

Australia squad for fourth Test: David Warner, Marcus Harris, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Travis Head, Matt Wade, Tim Paine (c, wk), Pat Cummins, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood.

nickjhs

NSC Patreon
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
The weather forecast looks shit. Interestingly its not getting a great deal of interest in the local media, maybe that's because its getting towards the end of the Aerial Ping Pong season.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I’ve a sinking feeling that the heroics of Headingley could be the last big moment of this series. I can see the last two games ending in dull draws due to rubbish weather. Which, surprise surprise, you tend to get this time of year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I can't see what Woakes did wrong, tidy bowler IMO.
Wrong end of the summer for this really, squashed in around the WC.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Lump on the draw and it all goes down to the final test , which i suppose is much better than England could of hoped for after losing Anderson on the first day , Archer has proven to be a handy replacement but our batting is so fragile and once this summer is out the way a bit of housekeeping is on the cards for the selectors .

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
He looks burnt out. Has been bowling fewer and fewer overs as the series progressed.

Agree with this. Great bloke, genuinely a Test class and ODI bowler and almost an all-rounder. But just worn out. Overton they say has height for this wicket. This explains the lack of Curran, who must count himself as unlucky not to get a game.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Warner back in the hutch!

BROAD strikes :clap2:

DA Warner c †Bairstow b Broad 0 (2b 0x4 0x6)

Aus 1-1 (0.4 overs)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
1/1 Epic fail from Warner yet again

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Need to get this cocky Labuschagne out early, something about his facial expressions and just general demeanour pisses me off, must be something the Australians have in their blood as it seems a theme with them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here