Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England vs Australia, Ashes 4th test - Old Trafford

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
You couldn't make it up.

A spinner shouldn't even be close to bowling a No Ball.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
England are beginning to lose the plot now. Can’t help but feel that no ball in a round about way is our chance of winning this match gone, they will surely get 350/375+ from here and with how England have batted generally you can’t see this ending well.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
England are beginning to lose the plot now. Can’t help but feel that no ball in a round about way is our chance of winning this match gone, they will surely get 350/375+ from here and with how England have batted generally you can’t see this ending well.

Smith could get that on his own- he’s struggled a bit today, wait until he finds his touch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Here comes Archer with his medium pacers. Perhaps it’s just me but he looks a bit disinterested, strange body language.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
This is becoming embarrassing. We don't even look like taking a wicket.

Smith has just become the leading test run maker this calendar year - despite this being his first series :eek:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Maybe he's under instructions from above not to concuss Smith two tests running.
Looks like he’s been told hes not allowed to bowl over 85mph let alone concuss people, his body language has been odd throughout this match so far IMO.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Australia will get 550+. Daddy hundred for Smith, Payne with a century too and I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one other half century. They'll have batted us out of the game before the close.

Broad has bowled acceptably but no-one else has looked remotely threatening really (except Leach's one non-wicket). You can't win tests unless you can take wickets.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Australia will get 550+. Daddy hundred for Smith, Payne with a century too and I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one other half century. They'll have batted us out of the game before the close.

Broad has bowled acceptably but no-one else has looked remotely threatening really (except Leach's one non-wicket). You can't win tests unless you can take wickets.

Nobody's even mentioning Mitchell Starc being UNSHACKLED yet. He's been gagging to play all series, and the Aussie game plan seems to have been to treat him mean, keep him keen and save the best til last.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Nobody's even mentioning Mitchell Starc being UNSHACKLED yet. He's been gagging to play all series, and the Aussie game plan seems to have been to treat him mean, keep him keen and save the best til last.
I’ve heard they’ve kept him in a straight jacket ready for release at this exact moment, to unleash MAYHEM.

I bet Starc won’t be bowling 83mph tiddlers thats for certain.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He6ilK7.gif

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
A lot could hinge on how long the expected rain lasts tomorrow.

Having said that the Aussie batsmen seem quite comfortable on this pitch, so surely England should be able to stick around a bit over 2 innings.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
the Aussie game plan seems to have been to treat him mean, keep him keen and save the best til last.

I highly doubt they've intentionally risked losing the Ashes by weakening their side purely for dramatic effect...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Aaaaaand another drop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here