Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For better or worse

bigE

Dec 8, 2009
I think off loafing Andone and Locadia is a good bit of business because most people seemed to want Locadia out for ages so he's gone and Maupay takes his place so surely that's a positive,Andone a bit hit and miss but lots of aggression too much sometimes and Connelly takes his place a young enthusiastic goal getting very promising player so who would you have,I think Maupay and Connelly are by far the best pair and I don't know for sure but have probably scored 40/50 goals between them last season how many did Andone and Locadia score about 5

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Let’s hope you are right, but I suspect there might be a slight difference to banging goals in the Championship or PL2 versus ‘The Premiershipp Legue’

nickjhs

NSC Patreon
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
JL missed too many chances, Andone lost us a match, CH hardly used them. Maupay needs balls delivered to him and this is not happening, Trossard is good but sometimes I think he is trying to prove himself too much, going for the glory rather than passing. I think GP is more than capable of ironing out a few kinks. Just look at the change in play and attitude he has made in just a few weeks since the players came back from hols and 4 games into the season. As I said in another thread, adversity often turns out to be a blessing with the solution far better than the previous state. Lets hope Connolly grabs his opportunity with both feet.

el punal

JL missed too many chances, Andone lost us a match, CH hardly used them. Maupay needs balls delivered to him and this is not happening, Trossard is good but sometimes I think he is trying to prove himself too much, going for the glory rather than passing. I think GP is more than capable of ironing out a few kinks. Just look at the change in play and attitude he has made in just a few weeks since the players came back from hols and 4 games into the season. As I said in another thread, adversity often turns out to be a blessing with the solution far better than the previous state. Lets hope Connolly grabs his opportunity with both feet.

Amen to that.

el punal

I think off loafing Andone and Locadia is a good bit of business because most people seemed to want Locadia out for ages so he's gone and Maupay takes his place so surely that's a positive,Andone a bit hit and miss but lots of aggression too much sometimes and Connelly takes his place a young enthusiastic goal getting very promising player so who would you have,I think Maupay and Connelly are by far the best pair and I don't know for sure but have probably scored 40/50 goals between them last season how many did Andone and Locadia score about 5

Crumbs! Your comments really take the biscuit. I really think that the club knead to roll out some new strikers otherwise we’ll end up as toast.

I shall fetch my hat and coat.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I appreciate the effort of trying to look at the bright side, but I think its a big leap to say Maupay and Connelly are by far our best pairing. The goals they scored last year were at an inferior level. I don't think either have done anywhere near enough to say they're ahead of Murray, who apart from closing in on being the club's top scorer, in the last two years scored 25 goals in the best league in the world. I would argue Murray's scoring record at present is much better.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not sure the need to start ANOTHER thread about them, but hey-ho.

Whoever's decision it was to get shot of Andone and Locadia, sticking them out on loan gives the best chance of recouping the money paid for them (the latter, mainly). If Big Jurg starts sticking them away, no doubt people will be gagging to see him back in the stripes, but I think he's done and it's all about getting as much money back for a player who hasn't – for whatever reason – lived up to his price tag.

Football players come and go, but pushing out two strikers is a gamble in a squad isn't exactly free-scoring. But the people in charge are in charge for a reason and all we can do is get behind them and hope that the gamble pays off.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
losing two strikers in one window without proven replacements is risky. i like both, they may not have scored the goals but have talent and determination needed in this league (Andone arguably too much).

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Are you palarse and have you heard of punctuation :moo:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here