Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Michael Owen and Newcastle.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Oh dear just read the double page spread in the mirror. Shit hitting the fan springs to mind.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think Owen won quite a few more medals than Shearer

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Seems at least he's being honest. Can't see anything there that isn't true.

Can't be nice being booed by your own supporters when you're stretchered off nor your chairman saying he wants rid.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[yt]WqOxNspUPyE[/yt]

What an absolute tit.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think this is gonna run and run. It shouldn't do. But that's what happens when you "sell your soul" to writing a book.

The Classier Football People usually turn down the opportunity to do so because they know that the Publisher only want you to spill the dirt.

Honest he may be but to put in the Public Eye what Owen has done was only gonna lead to a "backlash".

With Social Media now every individual has the same Platform that Authors do so beware all of you that want to sell your soul to get your name on the cover of a book

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
[yt]WqOxNspUPyE[/yt]

What an absolute tit.

This. Classless, whiney little failure. I have little time for Shearer but at least he left his sweat and blood on the pitch. OK, someone else's blood, but even so. Owen....welsh ****.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I do. Funniest thing in football for ages

Exactly. What Twitter was made for. A spat between 2 ex England Internationals both coming across as Bell ends, some wonderfully pithy comments from the general public especially in relation to how boring Owen is and slagging the saps at Newcastle off who think they are Barcelona but its just a shit pit in the North East that no self respecting player wants to join.

What's not to like?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
You could argue that that Owen won rather more than Shearer.

Or at least, he didn’t turn down a move to the best team in the country and then jack in his England career to concentrate on winning nothing at all for his not very good club.

He then didn’t take over as manager of said club and get them relegated either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Surprisingly controversial comments for such an incessantly boring individual. He’s played this perfectly though I must say, lots of free publicity for his book.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Pair of penises.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
You could argue that that Owen won rather more than Shearer.

Or at least, he didn’t turn down a move to the best team in the country and then jack in his England career to concentrate on winning nothing at all for his not very good club.

He then didn’t take over as manager of said club and get them relegated either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In a time when we continually say that loyalty is dead, and that we understand how players put their careers first. I think Shearer was incredibly admirable, as he was a player who could have walked into any team in the world, yet decided he wanted to play for his hometown team. People can say he didn't win anything but Shearer played his career his way for the team he wanted to and secured hero status among the fans, whom he was one of. I wonder how many of our fans would criticise Shearer for not winning much but think Dunk is hero for staying with us?

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Owen got one thing bang on, he said Newcastle aren’t a big club except for the fact they have a large ground and a large fan base.

Spot on, they have achieved nothing, won nothing for literally decades and have been outside the top league for a number of seasons over the past 30 years. They are simply not a big club but the media fawns all over them. I had the ‘pleasure’ of sitting amongst them when we won there last year and don’t let anyone tell you they are a good bunch. A bunch of bitter twats to a man

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here