Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How is your Albion Mojo going into the International break?

How is your Albion Mojo as we go to the International break

• Total voters

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Reluctant 5 for me. I like the new style and think we are making progress but the loss of the two strikers seriously concerns me. Any injuries to Murray in particular and we are in major trouble IMO and even without him being injured we have one striker who doesn't suit our style and one who is untested at this level. Might be fine but then again....

On the plus side Trossard looks a real find and we are certainly more entertaining but I'm worried where the goals will come from ...
Those two strikers you speak of-how many goals have they actually scored between them in an Albion shirt?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Its been dropping after the Watford game. It's no good playing entertaining football if you don't pick up sufficient points.

Our 2019 home PL record is P11 W1 D3 L7 F5 A20 and that win was against Huddersfield

Until such time as the Amex becomes a fortress benefiting a top ten team, then I'm hovering around a 5
It isn't simply 'entertaining football' though is it? We are playing with purpose, not starting every game convinced we are the inferior side. Plus. We are still only FOUR games into what is looking like a massive rebuild of The Albion.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
8. If we go down playing football like this then the rest of the league is simply better and we tried our best. For what it counts I dont think we will be relegated, far from it. As to the goings on, someone posted on a different thread that CH didn't use these players either, JL was a flop and as to Andone I was pissed by that piece of GBH and clearly there were rumblings behind the scenes, so management it would appear cut out the rot before it spread. Often in these situations people take opportunity with both hands, hopefully Connolly does this. Then we have Alzate who is also very promising in midfield, so for me the future is very bright.

Bizarrely I just checked the club site to get the correct spelling for Alzate and both he and Connolly have gone from being in either the main or under 23 squads. They were both in the main squad 2 days ago, even more odd Andrew Crofts is in the main squad!! Whoever is in charge of that part of the site needs to lay off the piss.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Bring in Hughton as Potters assistant. A blend of both styles maybe the perfect formula.
Still quite optimistic and enjoying the football, but loaning out 2 expensive strikers and replacing them with an untested kid and a championship player from last season seems a bit reckless to me.
As others have said, I am not a football manager and hope Potter turns out to be a genius. 6

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Lowish. Starting to get to the point where the season goes the same way every year, and that's always what I find makes football boring for me (in previous years I've taken a break from my season ticket, but worry about getting it back after time off). Factor in how our attack has been as ineffective as it was last season - made all the worse because instead of missing our one an only chance in 90 minutes, we're missing 2, 3, 4 golden opportunities. The similiarity with the Hyypia era (fans fed up with the previous manager's lack of attack, new man brought in to attack more, leaving games having seen us attack more but not convert the chances) results not going our way. Players leaving (including a bunch of under 23s going out on loan ripping up what was a very good youth team).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Would be a higher if we’d not had lost the last two games.

We’d be on 9 points if we’d finished our chances against West Ham like we did at Watford and if Andone had not lost his beans against Stains.

Burnley is a big one. About time we beat up the Ginger Dalek and his team good and Pröpper!
If Ryan and our three centre backs can stop Woods & Barnes scoring from the 4 or 5 good chances they’ll inevitably get, we’ll have a good chance of giving them a thrashing.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
It isn't simply 'entertaining football' though is it? We are playing with purpose, not starting every game convinced we are the inferior side. Plus. We are still only FOUR games into what is looking like a massive rebuild of The Albion.

Yep, I was having a debate on another thread about this. the response was always "well we cant be playing better because if we were we would have more points". People are forgetting that you dont have to be the best side on the day to win. In fact we stayed up due to being frigging lucky early on in the season. Anyhow I then looked up the PL stats page and sure enough going by the stats we are an improved side. The most telling stat was "Big Chances Created" gone from 0.9 per game last season to 4 per game so far this season. Sort out the delivery to Maupay and more of Trossard taking shots like he did against the Hammers (var offside against Burn) and we will be just fine and dandy.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia

Would be a higher if we’d not had lost the last two games
The last TWO you sure of that, Stains yes, but you're disappointed we lost to City? Effectively we have lost one game we were expected to win and everyone is howling "were doomed" chill out people, new style, new players, FFS give it time. How many games did Palace go without a win, stuck at the bottom of the table for weeks, and yet finished well above us. I

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we do end up getting relegated I’d rather do it this way than the way that brought us so close to it last year.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
The last TWO you sure of that, Stains yes, but you're disappointed we lost to City? Effectively we have lost one game we were expected to win and everyone is howling "were doomed" chill out people, new style, new players, FFS give it time. How many games did Palace go without a win, stuck at the bottom of the table for weeks, and yet finished well above us. I

This. We’ve totally changed our style of play. You can’t do that and expect to not suffer a few bumps in the road. Did Swansea not improve dramatically over the course of last season as the team got more and more used to the tactics?

I fully expect us to get more points in the second half of the season than the first. Therefore all the time we’re outside the bottom three everything is good as far as I’m concerned.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
If we do end up getting relegated I’d rather do it this way than the way that brought us so close to it last year.

So if we get relegated, you'd rather get relegated playing like we are rather than get relegated playing the way we didn't get relegated last year ? ???

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So if we get relegated, you'd rather get relegated playing like we are rather than get relegated playing the way we didn't get relegated last year ? ???

No, I believe we would have got relegated this season if we’d kept Chris Hughton, at least we have a chance of avoiding it playing entertaining football. What I saw at the end of last season was a manager whose players no longer believed in the style of play they were being told to play, imo

I know CH supporters won’t agree but I’m so pleased we aren’t playing under him anymore. Anyone who can’t see that we were going backwards as last season progressed is in denial.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Still very low unfortunately. Mojo had risen after West Ham and Watford. Even the Southampton game was a bit of a one off

But a number of things have started to get me a bit down on the Albion and football in general.

The Man City defeat where most are saying how well we played. But we lost 4-0.

VAR and the fact my enjoyment of a game is being diminished

Letting Andone and Locadia go, whilst still having Jahanbaksh in the squad.

Graham Potter’s naivity of the Premier League and what it will take to keep us up

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Albion mojo around 7 dropped due to the striker circus but football mojo has plummeted to about 2 due to VAR, I'm not against the decisions but the process of eventually getting to a decision just makes .e feel what's the point.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Still very low unfortunately. Mojo had risen after West Ham and Watford. Even the Southampton game was a bit of a one off

Graham Potter’s naivity of the Premier League and what it will take to keep us up

Is your view of Potter’s nativity based solely on the Man City game? If so we haven’t taken a point off of them in the last two seasons and stayed up. Man City will put four or more past a lot of teams this year.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Is your view of Potter’s nativity based solely on the Man City game? If so we haven’t taken a point off of them in the last two seasons and stayed up. Man City will put four or more past a lot of teams this year.

Amazing isn’t it? Potter has been criticised by quite a few for a naive approach to the City game. I am struggling to understand why any football fan would rather stick 11 men behind the ball and lose 1 or 2 nil than take the game to City, make chances we should have taken and lose 4-0

Personally can’t get my head around such ridiculous thoughts. If our confidence took a battering I’d get it but I got the impression that the players really believed and their confidence in the new system may even have grown. What sort of masochist wants to watch their team getting battered for 90 mins without getting out of their own half apart from an occasional hoof down the pitch?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I'm a pretty solid seven - the football has certainly been better than the second half of last season and we are playing positively rather than negatively which is a huge plus. A wee bit concerned that we've let two first team strikers go out on loan but obviously GP feels we have enough to do the job

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here