Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How is your Albion Mojo going into the International break?

How is your Albion Mojo as we go to the International break

• Total voters

Loadicus Trux

Jan 12, 2012
This is a gamble, there's no doubt about that, but it's not the first season where we find ourselves liking the football but cursing our lack of finishing.

I feel that wages have been freed up to try and resolve the situation in January, until then, let's hope the combination up front do the business.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
More than the untried Maupay and Connolly.
Come back with a comparison when Maupay and Connolly have been in and around the first team for the same length of time. Both appear to be natural goal scorers, as is Jamie Vardy. No doubt Leicester fans were online worrying about a player who was lacking PL experience.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Bring in Hughton as Potters assistant. A blend of both styles maybe the perfect formula.
Still quite optimistic and enjoying the football, but loaning out 2 expensive strikers and replacing them with an untested kid and a championship player from last season seems a bit reckless to me.
As others have said, I am not a football manager and hope Potter turns out to be a genius. 6
Hughton? No thanks

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Is your view of Potter’s nativity based solely on the Man City game? If so we haven’t taken a point off of them in the last two seasons and stayed up. Man City will put four or more past a lot of teams this year.

It’s more about the defending - against West Ham for a couple of incidents, and against Southampton with ten men.
And against City, we lost 4-0

You do need to defend as well as entertain

Some of the crap on here about entertaining football will disappear if we start losing to #teamslikeburnley

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
6. Great start to the season but feel with lost our way slightly. Loving the Potterball but just feel the players need to settle into it quicker and I'd like to see a little more determination off the ball, i.e. creating space, backing up etc.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Nice Football.

Need to find that end product.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
6 for me. Players come and go , it is what it is.

Burnley pivotal for me. 2 or less points from our first 3 home games would be poor. Not overly convinced by Potter yet , we are already shuffling the back out looking for answers. Have a feeling the answers wont come all the time you are open and giving away chances but we will see. Our strikers have to be more clinical though as could argue even more wasteful than last year.

I've a feeling we will look better most games but ultimately drop as the results wont back up how we play. Looks a stronger league this time from a relegation perspective.

VAR has killed a lot of the enjoyment for me

Long way to go and look forward to how it unfolds

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
5 (down from 8 pre-season)

Like the style; really enjoyed. But the crazy handling of the striker situation worries me greatly. Whilst we have played some lovely stuff so far, we had chances in both home games that we didn't take. I just hope that the old fella and the kid can score enough goals to keep us afloat after the baffling decision to bin off two strikers after the slamming of the transfer window.

If they can't then we have to rely on somebody being available in January within our budget. It won't be easy. I hope Potter has got this right.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
6 for me, but given what has happened I am going to be more mercurial than ever.

After the Burnley game I am either going to be drooling at Potter's masterstroke of binning off a shithouse striker from the Dutch walking league and a nutcase who is as popular as a fart in a spacesuit and turning the side into France '98 with Stephane Guivarc'h leading the line, OR I am going to be utterly pissed off that we have binned off a seasoned, experienced manager for someone who still thinks it's pre-season at a club playing in the reserves Southern Combination League.

I'm making no apologies for that. Letting £35m of attacking players leave wihtout replacing them will do that to some of us.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
It’s more about the defending - against West Ham for a couple of incidents, and against Southampton with ten men.

Some of the crap on here about entertaining football will disappear if we start losing to #teamslikeburnley

There's definitely a balance to be struck, but this is a work in progress. I expect us to be a bit up and down until Christmas and then more consistent in the second half of the season. If Watford continue to struggle our win against them will look less impressive, so a couple of wins soon would certainly help keep everyone calm.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
1. Because 0 isn't a given option.

As a point of interest what would it take for your mojo to get to at least 5? Is re-instating Hughton the only way this would happen. How about being on the same points as we were last Xmas, would that do it?

Intrigued why you have become so negative and absolutely refuse to see any positives at all

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
7 - interesting season ahead. Potter is certainly mixing things up

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Those two strikers you speak of-how many goals have they actually scored between them in an Albion shirt?

it isn't really the point is it? Any manager needs options, ideally good ones but if a forward is injured its nice to replace that forward with say another forward? I thought Locadia was rubbish but to go from 4 senior forwards to 2 is a risk hopefully one we won't regret

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
There's definitely a balance to be struck, but this is a work in progress. I expect us to be a bit up and down until Christmas and then more consistent in the second half of the season. If Watford continue to struggle our win against them will look less impressive, so a couple of wins soon would certainly help keep everyone calm.

Spot on. We're four games in to the season with a new manager & 1 of the games away to City. It will take time but i think there has been great progress already.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Odd decision to leave us with 3 strikers. 3 years on and still looking to Murray. When he is knackered after 60mins hope we dont have to revert to a centre half up front. Goodness knows what happens when we get an injury.
While strikers are fit more worried about defence. However good City were goals came from basic errors ie Burn misplaced pass and Bernado and Propper not stopping overlapping player

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If there was some evidence that teams are taking points at the Etihad doing it, I could be persuaded. I'm also willing to concede more to have the chance of scoring more

Amazing isn’t it? Potter has been criticised by quite a few for a naive approach to the City game. I am struggling to understand why any football fan would rather stick 11 men behind the ball and lose 1 or 2 nil than take the game to City, make chances we should have taken and lose 4-0

Personally can’t get my head around such ridiculous thoughts. If our confidence took a battering I’d get it but I got the impression that the players really believed and their confidence in the new system may even have grown. What sort of masochist wants to watch their team getting battered for 90 mins without getting out of their own half apart from an occasional hoof down the pitch?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
But won't if we don't

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
My mojo is 7

The thing stopping it from being 9 is that I think our best front 3, (if you were to include our on loan players) is Trossard, Knocky and Andone.

I've got no problem if Potter wants to offload players he doesn't want. But the club would have known about attitude/disciplinary issues before the transfer window closed, so we should have recruited on the basis that we were likely to shift them out. We're now a hostage to fortune

Oh yes, the VAR has massively reduced the supporting experience.

On the upside, we're promoting academy players, having a crack at our opponents and knocking it about quite nicely. We're a decent team. If we can find someone to finish we'll stay up, if we can't, we won't.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
it isn't really the point is it? Any manager needs options, ideally good ones but if a forward is injured its nice to replace that forward with say another forward? I thought Locadia was rubbish but to go from 4 senior forwards to 2 is a risk hopefully one we won't regret

It really is the point. Potter does have options. If we need to bring somebody on to change a game we have (had) Locadia (who by your own definition is rubbish) or Connolly. Bring on rubbish or somebody who looks interested, works hard and can score goals?

I don't understand Brighton fans sometimes-we may have our very own Vardy type of player about to become a regular but he isn't considered a forward? Why is Connolly going to weaken the side by coming on whereas you think Locadia is a better option yet you say he's rubbish? Explain how that works because I don't get it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here