Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] British Declaration Of War - 3 September, 1939

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
different kinds of wars these days . . . lets see what its like on 3rd November.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
My mum's third birthday. She and her sister were immediately packed off to relatives in Scotland, leaving their family behind in London.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
You’re right mate. I generally have a dark sense of foreboding when I watch the news now. That would have been even worse

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
80 years today. May we never hear the like again. I cannot imagine what it would be like to have listened to this live on the wireless:down:
Absolutely this - terrible times; I'm sure it would have chilled the blood, especially as many people alive then would have vivid memories of the 1914-28 blood-bath. Women who had lost their husbands now fearing to lose their sons as well (and many did).

different kinds of wars these days . . . lets see what its like on 3rd November.
.....and along comes someone with a cheapskate quip comparing it to Brexit. Pathetic.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
So in 80 short years we have moved from the whole country fighting a common foe to half the country fighting the other half

in a nutshell, yes . . . we'll be fighting squirrels for those possibly too. . In fact I already lost that one, ****ing tree rats stripped my hazlenut tree bare last week . . . unless it was the lesbian Polish car wash team. . . .

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
in a nutshell, yes . . . we'll be fighting squirrels for those possibly too. . In fact I already lost that one, ****ing tree rats stripped my hazlenut tree bare last week . . . unless it was the lesbian Polish car wash team. . . .

Where do they work then? Asking for a friend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here