Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Are you / your kids fussy eaters?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The sad story of a Bristol teenager who has gone blind due to a diet of chips, crisps, white bread and some processed meat has been quite prominent in the news this morning - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-49551337

Are you a fussy eater? Are your kids?

Can you read this OK?

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We all know why teenage boys really lose their eyesite, no good blaming it on the chips.

rPHwxlEZN9wl.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If gagging on fat on any meat makes me fussy, then yes

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I eat absolutely anything. My eldest (4) did eat absolutely anything until he went to nursery and got sat next to fussy eaters to try and encourage them to eat and instead he learnt a new attention seeking strategy. Still eats anything if he's in a particularly good mood and forgets about this.
The twins (1) eat pretty much anything, and absolutely anything if I'm eating it and they can snatch it out my mouth.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It was eat it or go hungry when I was growing up, and the same for my kids. They both eat most things now although my daughter still doesn't like liver.
She became quite clever at food 'slipping' off her fork so the dog could snaffle it up from the floor.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
My mum's (may she rest in peace) rice pudding :sick:

Rice pudding shouldn't be crunchy. Just saying, like.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Can't stand fussy eaters.

Kids should eat what given at the start and then it nips it in the bud. Fussy adults tend to be wet saps

Mate of mine can't eat anything red . . . what the f k is that about

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Yes they are and fussy about everything else as well.
It pisses me off how mum panders to them all the time.
If I didn't eat what was prepared for me as a child, then I would go without.
Much of the time we couldn't afford meat etc. and regularly eat lots of veg, especially the ones we grew in the garden.
They just don't know they are born these days.
Sorry to say, but the ways it is going we could probably out live them.

I love liver and bacon casserole...........coconut in dessert is fine but not in a main dish please....same could be said for all fruit really.

Last edited:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Can't stand fussy eaters.

Kids should eat what given at the start and then it nips it in the bud. Fussy adults tend to be wet saps

Mate of mine can't eat anything red . . . what the f k is that about

Try having an autistic child.... Not so easy as that!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Makes me think of quite a funny scene in Lanzarote this summer. My daughter (18months) was enjoying her dinner of grilled Octopus, prawns and whitebait...whilst the English family the next table along all tucked into their chips and sandwiches. :lolol:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Remember reading a psychology article about kids being fussy eaters that said oldest kids often became fussy eaters when the younger sibling was born as when you're an infant pretty much the only thing you can have any control over is what they eat. My take is kids only become fussy eaters if you let them.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We've been lucky with our lads, always encouraged them to try things but not nailed them to the dining table until they've finished something. That way they are more likely to give it a go knowing there's no pressure. The only thing I can say I won't eat or drink is broad beans or coffee, anything else is worth trying. They'll eat most shellfish, most veg and meats, they love olives and some of the less child friendly foods and will always enjoy experiencing food when we travel.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Things I don't like are celery, parsnips, basil, rhubarb, gooseberries and avocados.
I did give them all ago in order to find this out and didn't just point blank refuse them, you can add radishes and olives to that as well.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'll eat anything except frogs legs and snails. Anything you can find ambling round a wet garden, basically... :sick:

My wife only eats burger (plain, no cheese, salad or pickles), pizza (margherita only) and pasta (plain sauce, no extras) on the whole (her three main food groups) as she's insanely fussy. If it ain't bland, she ain't interested... Made for great fun when we first met as my previous wife was a bloody chef and we used to have some great meals out!

My 19 year old Son lives on Chicken and Pizza, like 90% of all teenagers, and my 20 year old Daughter is really good - she'll try pretty much anything. I once had some battered and fried squid (when she was about 6 years old) and she looked at one of those tiny whole ones and said "Daddy, are you going to eat that?!". I said "Yes" expecting her to say "Yeeuucchh" - but she said "can I try some?" :eek:

The meat of the moment though is clearly Chicken. Catnip to anyone under 25 it seems!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here