Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Wimbledon v Brighton And Hove Albion U21 Tonight 7.30 Kingsmeadow

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Brighton U21/23 start their Leasing.com Trophy campaign tonight v Wimbledon , this looks a tough group for the youngsters and a good portion of the U23s have now been loaned out , which is great for them obviously but means iv'e no idea who will be playing tonight along with Rusk i expect , i would imagine quite a few of the u18s will be in the squad tonight with perhaps a couple of senior players to steady the ship .

Southend and Leyton Orient are the other two teams in our group .

Simon Rusk’s side head into the game after a mixed start to the Premier League 2 Division 1 season, with two victories and two defeats from their opening four games.

Aaron Connolly’s brace secured a 2-0 opening day victory over Wolverhampton Wanderers, while Connolly, Bojan Radulovic and Peter Gwargis were on the scoresheet in a 3-0 win away at Leicester City. But the Seagulls were also beaten 2-1 and 5-3 respectively by Arsenal and Blackburn Rovers.

Max Sanders was sent off in that defeat to Rovers, and the midfielder has now completed a season-long loan move to tonight’s opponents. But under the terms of the agreement, he will not feature in the game.

Wimbledon themselves have had a slow start to their League One season, sitting 21st in the table with two draws and four defeats from their opening six games.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Are we allowed to field senior players in this competition now ?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Are we allowed to field senior players in this competition now ?

- Academy teams must start at least six players aged 21 or under as at 30 June 2019

- Those teams can only include two players over the age of 21 who have made 40 or more senior appearances prior to 2019/20

- The 16 Academy teams and 48 League One and League Two clubs taking part will be split into 16 groups of four

- Eight of the groups will be from the northern region, and eight will be from the southern region

- Academy sides will play all group matches away from home

- Clubs will be awarded three points for a win and one point for a draw, but in the event of a draw after 90 minutes, a penalty shootout will be played for an additional point

- The top two teams qualify for the knockout rounds, which are regionalised until the quarter-finals

- All knockout rounds up to the final are one-off matches decided by penalties if they are level after 90 minutes

- The final will go to extra-time and possibly penalties if level after 90 minutes

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
- Academy teams must start at least six players aged 21 or under as at 30 June 2019

- Those teams can only include two players over the age of 21 who have made 40 or more senior appearances prior to 2019/20

- The 16 Academy teams and 48 League One and League Two clubs taking part will be split into 16 groups of four

- Eight of the groups will be from the northern region, and eight will be from the southern region

- Academy sides will play all group matches away from home

- Clubs will be awarded three points for a win and one point for a draw, but in the event of a draw after 90 minutes, a penalty shootout will be played for an additional point

- The top two teams qualify for the knockout rounds, which are regionalised until the quarter-finals

- All knockout rounds up to the final are one-off matches decided by penalties if they are level after 90 minutes

- The final will go to extra-time and possibly penalties if level after 90 minutes

Thank you ,

- Clubs will be awarded three points for a win and one point for a draw, but in the event of a draw after 90 minutes, a penalty shootout will be played for an additional point :eek:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Brighton U21/23 start their Leasing.com Trophy campaign tonight v Wimbledon , this looks a tough group for the youngsters and a good portion of the U23s have now been loaned out , which is great for them obviously but means iv'e no idea who will be playing tonight along with Rusk i expect , i would imagine quite a few of the u18s will be in the squad tonight with perhaps a couple of senior players to steady the ship .

Southend and Leyton Orient are the other two teams in our group .

Simon Rusk’s side head into the game after a mixed start to the Premier League 2 Division 1 season, with two victories and two defeats from their opening four games.

Aaron Connolly’s brace secured a 2-0 opening day victory over Wolverhampton Wanderers, while Connolly, Bojan Radulovic and Peter Gwargis were on the scoresheet in a 3-0 win away at Leicester City. But the Seagulls were also beaten 2-1 and 5-3 respectively by Arsenal and Blackburn Rovers.

Max Sanders was sent off in that defeat to Rovers, and the midfielder has now completed a season-long loan move to tonight’s opponents. But under the terms of the agreement, he will not feature in the game.

Wimbledon themselves have had a slow start to their League One season, sitting 21st in the table with two draws and four defeats from their opening six games.
Wouldn't he be banned anyway, because of that red card?

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
It's top secret , for whatever reason if there is a stream you generally wont know until shortly before kick off , i'll stick my neck out and say it's quite likely .

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Pretty hard to pick an 11 for this one unless you can be bothered to go and check when everyone’s birthday is.

Question, why are we even in this competition? The u23s aren’t short of fixtures so the only two possible motivations are to give a couple of fringe players some match time and to get some u18s used to a decent level of competition. So I’m sure we’ll see both.

Senior players. I’m going to guess it will be a bit early for Bissouma. Maybe on the bench for the next Caribou Cup game. I’d be giving Ali J and Bong some game time. Our 3 first team strikers now need to be wrapped in cotton wool

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
My Team Prediction

Steele

Cochane O'Hara Coccoracchio Davies

Davies Richards

Gwargis Alzate Longman

Radulvic

Subs:

Debois
Yapi
Freestone
Jenks
Spong
Cashman

Potentially could see Bong and Bissouma involved but I doubt it

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Bissouma hasn't played enough first team games to be considered , looking at the rules you have to have played 40 times , he's in the 20s , i suppose Crofts could play and i'd imagine Bong needs some time on the pitch .

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Bissouma has made 40 or more senior appearances prior to 2019/20. For Lille.

Is it lifetime ? then i stand corrected i assumed it was for the team the player was currently registered with .

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Bissouma hasn't played enough first team games to be considered , looking at the rules you have to have played 40 times , he's in the 20s , i suppose Crofts could play and i'd imagine Bong needs some time on the pitch .

Are you sure you're reading this correctly? I took it to mean that only up-to-2 40+ game overage players can be included, not that any overage players have to have played 40+ senior games.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Really happy with Longmans progress through the ranks , looks a very good player , my team for tonight .

Keto

O'Hora
Kazukolovas
A.Davies
Roberts
Bong/Balogun

Longman
Richards (possible doubt injury)
J.Davies
Gwargis

Bojan Radulovic

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Really happy with Longmans progress through the ranks , looks a very good player , my team for tonight .

Keto

O'Hora
Kazukolovas
A.Davies
Roberts
Bong/Balogun

Longman
Richards (possible doubt injury)
J.Davies
Gwargis

Bojan Radulovic

I believe Kazukolovas is injured and Roberts is involved with England over the international break.

Otherwise I reckon you’re not far off. Maybe Baluta in at CB, A Davies across to CB and Yapi at RB?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here