Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would Andone be granted automatic re-entry to the UK in January?

This question could be asked of other loanees, so is more of a general query. EU Nationals who continue to work in the UK after 31st October are expected to be allowed to remain (if you think leaving the EU is debatable, then please debate it on the appropriate thread :)) But what about those who have already returned home, or even gone on to work outside the EU e.g. Turkey? If recalled, will Florin just have to say to the immigration officer "It's OK mate, I used to work here." ?
No doubt somebody will point out that Andone is still under contract to Brighton and Hove Albion, but so are Messrs Tau and Mac Allister!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nobody knows....:shrug:

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hopefully he'll be able to bring some medicines back with him.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if you hadnt noticed, footballers appear to have special rules on immigration. if not literally, they have people and money to work through the system, as other high value professions do. plan b would be taking Irish citizenship.

CheeseRolls

Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
This question could be asked of other loanees, so is more of a general query. EU Nationals who continue to work in the UK after 31st October are expected to be allowed to remain (if you think leaving the EU is debatable, then please debate it on the appropriate thread :)) But what about those who have already returned home, or even gone on to work outside the EU e.g. Turkey? If recalled, will Florin just have to say to the immigration officer "It's OK mate, I used to work here." ?
No doubt somebody will point out that Andone is still under contract to Brighton and Hove Albion, but so are Messrs Tau and Mac Allister!

Nobody knows....:shrug:

Is the right answer

Following the logic of what has been outlined thus far (I know I struggle to believe myself I have just written that).

Andone would almost certainly be allowed back in. He has employment in this country and easily meets the criteria to be able to support himself financially. This does not entitle him to citizenship, so his entry could be limited to the length of his contract. It would also be up for debate as to which members of his family/entourage would also be eligible to come with him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
if you hadnt noticed, footballers appear to have special rules on immigration. if not literally, they have people and money to work through the system, as other high value professions do. plan b would be taking Irish citizenship.

Apart from Percy Tau.....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Andone is under contract here, and there's no reason why he would be refused re-entry. Just because after Brexit we refuse entry to EU citizens, it doesn't mean we will. Tau and McAllister are not EU citizens, so Brexit makes no difference to them whatever happens.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

I think you are over thinking this:moo:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
For those on this thread that think there is some doubt on this, I have a question. Do you think nationals from other (non EU) countries are barred from working in the UK ? Mr Andone is a very well paid professional with an employment contract with a UK company. He will probably just have to fill in a form, shock horror, just like I had to when I worked abroad.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Correcting a typo - too late to edit . . . . . missing word inserted!

Andone is under contract here, and there's no reason why he would be refused re-entry. Just because after Brexit we CAN refuse entry to EU citizens, it doesn't mean we will. Tau and McAllister are not EU citizens, so Brexit makes no difference to them whatever happens.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
For those on this thread that think there is some doubt on this, I have a question. Do you think nationals from other (non EU) countries are barred from working in the UK ?

There's a question from someone who's never been a line manager. The answer is, of course, that yes they are. Every time I've employed someone I have to check that they're British, EU citizens or have a right to remain and that means checking a lot of paperwork - I've employed several non Brits and there's a lof of bureaucracy. We've even been sent guidelines on how to recognise genuine documents.

It's by no means impossible for someone from outside the EU to work in the UK but you're very much mistaken if you think that anyone can come into this country and start working immediately.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
May 8, 2018
Who cares ? He’ll just head-butt the immigration officer, kick his way through the barriers and stroll out of the airport.

Maybe we could arrange for Bernardo to meet him at the gate and give him another kick before his entry interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So far the wrong question has been asked.

The real question must be, will Andone want to come back to the UK given the mess the country will probably be in, given we (currently) still have Johnson as PM.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
There's a question from someone who's never been a line manager. The answer is, of course, that yes they are. Every time I've employed someone I have to check that they're British, EU citizens or have a right to remain and that means checking a lot of paperwork - I've employed several non Brits and there's a lof of bureaucracy. We've even been sent guidelines on how to recognise genuine documents.

It's by no means impossible for someone from outside the EU to work in the UK but you're very much mistaken if you think that anyone can come into this country and start working immediately.

You have made some pretty big assumptions. I have worked at senior levels within large companies so have indeed been a line manager. You actually think that employees from non EU companies are barred from working in the UK ? That would I suppose explain your pathway from being a Leave to a (perhaps) Remain voter. I know and have employed many non EU workers. Not one has been refused the right to live and work in this country. HR departments simply organise the process and I would hazard a guess that the Albion has such a department. The process also works in reverse and I myself have moved three times to work in non EU countries. Each time I started work immediately.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
You have made some pretty big assumptions. I have worked at senior levels within large companies so have indeed been a line manager. You actually think that employees from non EU companies are barred from working in the UK ? That would I suppose explain your pathway from being a Leave to a (perhaps) Remain voter. I know and have employed many non EU workers. Not one has been refused the right to live and work in this country. HR departments simply organise the process and I would hazard a guess that the Albion has such a department. The process also works in reverse and I myself have moved three times to work in non EU countries. Each time I started work immediately.

Could you represent Percy Tau and Mac Allister? Thanks.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If that's 'the real question' then go and ask it in your own thread.

LOL LOL LOL

That's quite funny - I must try and use a similarly worded response the next time someone comes back at me with a response of '' the real question is / should be ……………….''

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here