Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea away travel

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Can anyone let me know approximately how long it takes to get back after the game?

Wanted to go to a gig that evening and wondering what time I can expect to be back in Brighton.

Thanks in advance

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Checkout the bus routes from the ground to Clapham Junction. 15 mins or so on a bus if I remember correctly.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Checkout the bus routes from the ground to Clapham Junction. 15 mins or so on a bus if I remember correctly.

That seems very fast, Fulham Road is usually gridlocked. I'd walk to Imperial Wharf and then get the overground to Clapham Junction. It's a 45 minute brisk walk if the queues for the bus/train is too much.

The train is then about an hour.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Should be able to make the 17:44 Lon V to Brighton.

Gets you back at 18:39 ( this is southern rail though )

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That seems very fast, Fulham Road is usually gridlocked. I'd walk to Imperial Wharf and then get the overground to Clapham Junction. It's a 45 minute brisk walk if the queues for the bus/train is too much.

Imperial Wharf or West Brompton (both a 15 min walk from Stamford Bridge) for Overground to Clapham Junction (takes less than 10 minutes and trains every 10 minutes-ish) then Southern to Brighton. Has been pretty straightforward when I've done this route.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Clapham junction - Overland train to Imperial Wharf - 10 min walk to Stamford Bridge

Last season night game was back in Eastbourne at 11.20 bearing in mind I usually get back to E/B just after 11.00 from an Amex night game

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

This, I had no problems last season with the same approach, I think I was back in Brighton inside of an hour and a half, 2 hours to be safe.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

45 minutes brisk walk from the ground to Imperial Wharf ??? Its less than a mile - or do you mean 45 minutes walk to Clapham

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Ok I'll have a go.

Give yourself 15 mins to walk to Imperial Wharf.

You can jump on anything going south (Overland or Southern) as they all stop at Clapham Junction which is the next stop.

They will be one every 10 mins or so.

You may have to wait for the next. You will fighting for a place with Chelsea fans going back to Brighton and shoppers coming back from the Westfield.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Thank you all

Please remember that:

1) Imperial Wharf doesn't exist as a place, the station is in Sands End Fulham.

2) Clapham Junction doesn't exist as a place, the station is in Battersea (Wandsworth) and not Clapham (Lambeth). Clapham does have a railway station (Clapham High Street) that connects you to the one called Clapham Junction that isn't in Clapham.

By using these two virtual London locations via CJ Platform 13 you get home to Brighton which I understand does exist.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Please remember that:

1) Imperial Wharf doesn't exist as a place, the station is in Sands End Fulham.

2) Clapham Junction doesn't exist as a place, the station is in Battersea (Wandsworth) and not Clapham (Lambeth). Clapham does have a railway station (Clapham High Street) that connects you to the one called Clapham Junction that isn't in Clapham.

By using these two virtual London locations via CJ Platform 13 you get home to Brighton which I understand does exist.

One would think, with all these so called make believe places that exist, the train should depart from Platform nine & three quarters at Clapham Junction!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Ok I'll have a go.

Give yourself 15 mins to walk to Imperial Wharf.

You can jump on anything going south (Overland or Southern) as they all stop at Clapham Junction which is the next stop.

They will be one every 10 mins or so.

You may have to wait for the next. You will fighting for a place with Chelsea fans going back to Brighton and shoppers coming back from the Westfield.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Is it easier to walk up to West Brompton, similar distance but stop before Imp Wharf so more chance of getting on - or is that much busier as it is tube and overground so harder to get to the platform

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Is it easier to walk up to West Brompton, similar distance but stop before Imp Wharf so more chance of getting on - or is that much busier as it is tube and overground so harder to get to the platform

I've never done it, but have seen many Chelsea fans doing it... i.e. get on at Imperial Wharf after game. I do go that way both back and forth from work every day and as long as it's working it shifts many people.

The Overground trains are very spacious - one single carriage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here