Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Hong Kong

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This is far from over. I'm sure there will be reprisals from the Chinese government.

It does show what direct action can achieve though

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Unfortunately this crap will drag on, because the protestors are completely unrealistic in their 'demands'.

To demand the government release criminals who have been petrol bombing police stations, attacking innocent civilians and causing disruption and damage to the international airport and major train stations is quite frankly ludicrous - all whilst they accuse the police of being heavy handed.

They also want Carrie Lam to retract calling the protestors rioters, which kind of contradicts their actions!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They also want Carrie Lam to retract calling the protestors rioters, which kind of contradicts their actions!
Well no, because not all of the protestors have rioted and caused damage. You don't need to label everyone the same.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Unfortunately a large contingent did. What we have seen recently have been riots.
There have been a couple of million protestors haven't there? Do you really think a million of them rioted and caused damage?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think you need to learn the definition of a riot.
I know what a riot is. If someone is there when a riot happens, that person themselves does not become a rioter.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
China is the non.sustainable but de facto only reason we are not in a deep economical depression and there is absolutely no-one who would dare to interfere with their business. If their government decide to slaughter all of Hong Kong, no one would do shit to stop it. Its a very weird situation.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What happened with this, did the Chinese government wipe all the protesters out with a batch of coronavirus?

No, thousands of "suicides/accidents" did a job though, together with the Chinese governments decision to (temporarily) back off. And of course not much will happen until this virus thing is over.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Looks like the stakes have increased.

Johnson....

"Britain will change its immigration rules and offer millions of people in Hong Kong "a route to citizenship" if China imposes new security laws"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52900700

If was in HK I'd get the hell out...

Whilst on one had I commend Johnson for taking this stance. On the other its comes at the worse possible time as a WTO Brexit looks more and more likely, we may not may well out on our own

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here