Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, but potentially a viable option give our lack of strength

If he can't even get on the bench for a fairly average team in the Championship I don't think he's top on our list of potential reinforcements. Certainly don't see him as strengthening our squad, or better than what we've got.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If he can't even get on the bench for a fairly average team in the Championship I don't think he's top on our list of potential reinforcements. Certainly don't see him as strengthening our squad, or better than what we've got.

Well it's him, or a failure who was nowhere near good enough and was shipped to Germany (and isn't pulling up any trees there either) or someone who apparently doesn't want to come back and was a disruptive influence.

Whilst Connolly is the optimum choice I'd be inclined to give Mlakar a chance over the above.

Alternatively, next in line is Longman......

Anyone else I've missed?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well it's him, or a failure who was nowhere near good enough and was shipped to Germany (and isn't pulling up any trees there either) or someone who apparently doesn't want to come back and was a disruptive influence.

Whilst Connolly is the optimum choice I'd be inclined to give Mlakar a chance over the above.

Alternatively, next in line is Longman......

Anyone else I've missed?
Gyokeres, Radulovic, Dreyer, Richards. If we're including midfielders too, Sanders, Molumbey..................

And I never suggested getting Locadia or Andone back - I hope we don't, although sadly I think we'll take a hefty financial loss when we sell them.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Gyokeres, Radulovic, Dreyer, Richards. If we're including midfielders too, Sanders, Molumbey..................

And I never suggested getting Locadia or Andone back - I hope we don't, although sadly I think we'll take a hefty financial loss when we sell them.

But how many of those are centre-forwards and potential Murray replacements? Pehaps Radulovic, but where's he playing?

Gyokores prefers to play out wide cutting in, Dreyer is a wide player and Richards more of a '10', though he looks a million miles from the first team, and you can see why City let him go.

Re Locadia and Andone, really just shows how hamstrung Hughton was with those signings.... As you say hefty financial loss coming.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But how many of those are centre-forwards and potential Murray replacements? Pehaps Radulovic, but where's he playing?

Gyokores prefers to play out wide cutting in, Dreyer is a wide player and Richards more of a '10', though he looks a million miles from the first team, and you can see why City let him go.

Re Locadia and Andone, really just shows how hamstrung Hughton was with those signings.... As you say hefty financial loss coming.

Stop changing the goalposts! When did you say we were looking specifically for a replacement for Murray? I was just looking at general attacking players (and Gyokeres in particular has goals in him). Radulovic is in the U23s - same as Connolly was!

Agree that Richards has a long way to go yet - he left City because he couldn't see any progress towards first team there -I got the feeling that he thought a move to little ol' Brighton would lead quickly to the 1st. team; I think maybe he was being a bit hopeful!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stop changing the goalposts! When did you say we were looking specifically for a replacement for Murray? I was just looking at general attacking players (and Gyokeres in particular has goals in him). Radulovic is in the U23s - same as Connolly was!
!

On another thread! [emoji23]

But that is the option we are missing, if it was just attacking players then Gyokores would be an option.

Not sure Radilovic is as good as Malkar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Doesn’t look like he has changed.

b0144e6fb0031eda273512e91f92ca60.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003