Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Given Potter seems immensely keen on giving Connolly a decent chance, we have 3 'central' strikers for essentially one position in the front 3
Andone, ever since he joined us, has looked like a walking yellow/red card
We'll get goals from Trossard for sure given the number of opportunities he's creating for himself

No idea what's gone on behind the scenes but this smacks of Potter being very clear that Andone has failed his no dickheads refresher exam for whatever reason.

An injury to Maupay in particular and we're going to look light, but there's no way the club would have taken this decision lightly. Probably a bit of a punt on getting through to January and then splashing out perhaps (or something happening on the Percy Tau front)

Looking at how Maupay and Trossard have both performed so far, Connolly a year on, we have better attacking options than we started with last season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
ANDONE JOINS TURKISH CHAMPIONS

Albion striker Florin Andone has joined Turkish champions Galatasaray on a season-long loan, for an undisclosed fee.

The club has a January recall option as part of the loan agreement for the Romanian international.

Head coach Graham Potter said, “We feel this loan to Galatasaray gives Florin the opportunity to go and play regularly, which he’s found difficult here.

“He also has the prospect of Champions League football. We wish Florin well for the season ahead, we have the option of a recall
in January and we will closely monitor his progress.”

Andone, capped 26 times by Romania, is due to link up with his national squad for qualifiers against Spain and Malta this week.

He joined Albion from Deportivo La Coruna in July 2018, having made 69 appearances across two seasons, scoring 18 goals and has also represented CD Castellon, Villarreal, Atletico Baleares (loan) and Cordoba during his time in Spain.

The 26-year-old striker scored his first goals for the club in the back-to-back wins over Huddersfield Town and Crystal Palace in December, before scoring in the reverse fixture against the Terriers in March.

Meanwhile Potter explained how the emergence of youngsters Aaron Connolly and Steven Alzate as members of his first-team squad have enabled a squad reshuffle which sees Andone and Jurgen Locadia loaned out to Turkey and Germany respectively.

Potter added, “We are comfortable with our attacking options in terms of the players already here, those we’ve recruited, and on the back of the progress made by both Aaron Connolly and Steven Alzate.

“Both players have earned their opportunity, and are demonstrating their capability at this level. Aaron is a good addition to our goalscoring options alongside Glenn Murray and Neal Maupay.

“Steven also provides an extra attacking option from wide positions, playing just off a striker and in midfield — alongside the likes of Leandro Trossard, Pascal Gross, Solly March, Alireza Jakhanbaksh, and Yves Bissouma and Jose Izquierdo, once they are both back to full fitness.”

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Brighton have loaned a player to Galatasaray. Sounds awesome - reminds me of how far we've come.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Must be in the best interest of player, club and manager. Good luck Florine and thank you so much for that goal against Palace.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We’re getting rid of 2 strikers who haven’t scored more than 10 goals between them in over a year. Not exactly losing a lot of goals
Yeah this.

But the thing that concerns me? We also seem to be keeping another "attacking" player who cost about £17m and has no assists and no goals to his name...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah this.

But the thing that concerns me? We also seem to be keeping another "attacking" player who cost about £17m and has no assists and no goals to his name...

That just proves how good he is!!!

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Interesting that GP mentions Alzate and Bissouma as players that can play in the 'front 3'.

So Maupay/Murray/Connolly to fight it out for the central role, then Gross, Tossard, March, AJ, Bissouma, Izquiredo and Alzate for the other 2 attacking positions. Plus potentially Taylor Richards once he earns it.

We are well covered, can see why we would allow Locadia/Andone to go.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Now I understand why some fans clapped Andone off when he was red-carded. They knew.

Nice touch - I thought they were just really stupid.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
To be fair, if you got booted right into the back of your leg, wouldn't you feel like a bit of a doormat if you just turned around and laughed about it?

I’d probably do the normal human reaction of being a bit annoyed until the person responsible explained the very obvious accident that had just happened.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Just watched that third goal v Palace again because of this news. Was there on the night and it still makes the hairs on the next stand out every time I watch it. Do the same and thank Florine, whatever his faults for that magical moment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Interesting that GP mentions Alzate and Bissouma as players that can play in the 'front 3'.

So Maupay/Murray/Connolly to fight it out for the central role, then Gross, Tossard, March, AJ, Bissouma, Izquiredo and Alzate for the other 2 attacking positions. Plus potentially Taylor Richards once he earns it.

Yep he name checked 2 players that aren't fit and 2 he's never played in the Premier League.

He really wanted Andone gone.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

You're a generous sort.

My read on that was just trying to cram in as many names as possible, being aware that many fans will be thinking "WTF?!?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here