Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I do wish people would remember that the people that run our club are just as passionate as us, they know more about the club than us, and many of them have more to lose if the club fails than us. Believe it or not, they do actually know how many forwards we have.

Just relax, watch and enjoy.

Indeed, Potter knows what he's doing. Worst (not worse:)) example to which you allude was this, I think.
Why is it that the club is always so poor at managing the attacking aspects of our side? Are we really going to rely on Murray, Connolly and Maupay until January? Seriously? We must be the laughing stock of the Premier League tonight. Well at least we know where we're likely to be playing next season now. Piss poor management at its very worse.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Yep Potter, Bloom, Ashworth etc are far from fools. I guess those who think we are going in the wrong direction also think Pep is a fool as well (I don't think I have ever heard a manager spend so much time in a press conference praising the style and management of the opposition, let alone one of his standing). On a side note what is it with folk on this forum correcting grammar and spelling? And anyhow you're wrong it's not worst it's worserer :)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Won't be disappointed one bit seeing him go. Just concerned about the lack of cover though. Simply not good enough with an attitude

Stumpy Tim

We now play with an interchangeable front 3. If Andone goes, then that front 3 can be chosen from:

Maupay
Murray
Trossard
Ali J
Gross
Connolly
March
izquierdo (When fit again)

This.

I have always liked Andone, but he is a red card waiting to happen & he's allegedly not popular with the rest of the players. In addition to these names, there's also Alzate.

It sends a message to the U23's that you will get a chance if you perform and behave the right way too. Potter is showing a lot of faith in Connolly here, and that can only be good for him. It also tells the senior players that they need to perform and behave the right way or they'll be OUT. Duffy may need to curb his drinking for starters

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Perhaps Potter read the small print for the 'no dickhead policy' when he arrived and realised a few had slipped through the net.

Or maybe GP’s dyslexic, and read it as a ‘no strikers policy’?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
He cost us 3 points for sure and I suspect he' do the same again. Shipping out loose cannons is fine by me, and (assuming it happens) GP is clearly happy with what's left so it's a :thumbsup: from me

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This.

I have always liked Andone, but he is a red card waiting to happen & he's allegedly not popular with the rest of the players. In addition to these names, there's also Alzate.

It sends a message to the U23's that you will get a chance if you perform and behave the right way too. Potter is showing a lot of faith in Connolly here, and that can only be good for him. It also tells the senior players that they need to perform and behave the right way or they'll be OUT. Duffy may need to curb his drinking for starters

This.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Where on earth are you getting your info from? I'm pretty sure you are getting confused with the 25 man squad and even then you can sign free agents, you just can't play them in the first team. As for Crofts, he isn't anywhere near being included in our 25 man squad so it's irrelevant.

I wasn’t getting it from anywhere, another poster was saying the rules were IF you have 25 senior players at the club you can’t sign any free agents.

I’ve no idea if it’s correct or not, I was just clarifying what they said.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yep Potter, Bloom, Ashworth etc are far from fools. I guess those who think we are going in the wrong direction also think Pep is a fool as well (I don't think I have ever heard a manager spend so much time in a press conference praising the style and management of the opposition, let alone one of his standing). On a side note what is it with folk on this forum correcting grammar and spelling? And anyhow you're wrong it's not worst it's worserer :)
Any link to that Pep press conference?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Where on earth are you getting your info from? I'm pretty sure you are getting confused with the 25 man squad and even then you can sign free agents, you just can't play them in the first team. As for Crofts, he isn't anywhere near being included in our 25 man squad so it's irrelevant.

I wasn’t getting it from anywhere, another poster was saying the rules were IF you have 25 senior players at the club you can’t sign any free agents.

I’ve no idea if it’s correct or not, I was just clarifying what they said.

Edit, quick google search finds this could be right, your not allowed to leave spaces in your 25 man squad for free agents to sign IF you have enough senior pros registered to fill it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
As Glenn said your either fully behind the new manager or your out I guess Andone wasn’t. Fast becoming a big GP fan, Hughton kept playing the same players who clearly weren’t delivering for him. What a refreshing change.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
As Glenn said your either fully behind the new manager or your out I guess Andone wasn’t. Fast becoming a big GP fan, Hughton kept playing the same players who clearly weren’t delivering for him. What a refreshing change.

Surely a big part of good man management is turning round poor decision making in those you manage?

Personally, I think getting rid of Andone would be a mistake. Especially since we ditched Locadia.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Is all of this based on the sending off against Southampton and the players reaction to this or did Potter have seeds of doubt before this?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Think story is bs at the moment. He is training with the Romanian team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here