Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Andone is an idiot... surely anyone can see that? two footed lunges aplenty, his over reaction to the Bernardo incident... he looks a nasty little one to me. GP may, I strongly suspect, have discussed his rash rushes of blood and was doubtless promised a more mature Andone, he then totally car crashed us against the Saints. Good riddance, ill news is an ill guest.

He won’t be missed. Remember he gets injured a lot too... and remember too, he’s hardly a world beater he really isn’t. The goal against Palace was far more about their absolute comedy defending than his ability... tenacity aside he’s bang average.

VAR also means his flailing elbows and dangerous tackling will no longer mean retrospective action... he’ll be sent off every week in our game. Remember that elbow, I think, in the FA cup last season? You can’t keep defending that level of moronic behaviour, you just can’t. Internal disciplinary stuff has probably gone on with Andone, not just down to GP... his ‘performance’ against Southampton was clearly the last straw. He made us look like something we’re not, and a laughing stock re his stupid reaction in front of the cameras to poor old Bernardo and his air kick.

He’s, as Maty would probably say, a total dickhead.

He’ll suit the game in Turkey perfectly.

Maybe Andone knocked seven shades of shit out of Bernardo for that head-mental kick before the Saints game :catfight:
If I'd kicked somebody that hard at work accidentally I'd be apologizing profusely then preparing myself for a meeting in HR. Bernardo just smiled about it, which makes you wonder if FA isn't some kind of team punch-bag, perhaps triggered by previous incidents or stuff he's said behind his team-mates' backs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don’t you just love being an Albion fan? One step forward and then one or two back almost immediately :smile:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It’s occurred to me that at the start of next season, without signing another player (just getting back the players we’ve already loaned out), we could have the following competing for an up front position in addition to Trossard, Gross, Maupay etc etc, who we have to the moment.

Andone
Knocky
Locadia
Tau
MacAllister
Gyokeres
Mlakar

Though I suppose, you’d get about 10000-1 on those 7 being named in next seasons 25.

Look for the poster who has the 'end of contract June 2020' in their signature.

It's only 4 or 5 names all of which have replacements out on loan.

If IF the club gets this season right it's set up for the next 10 years.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Perhaps GP feels he can work some mind magic on the Iranian.

My assumption would be that GP has seen a) sufficient skills and b) good attitude in Ali J. Thus he feels there is something to be worked with and developed.

That would also imply, at least one of these two was missing in the three that have gone.

I have seen enough to think we may yet see Ali J emerge as a proper player over this season (I am ever the optimist)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I don't understand it at all. It looks to me like he'd get plenty of game time this season. He came on and immediately scored against Watford, had another sub appearance against West Ham before then earning the right to start against Southampton. I'd have expected him to get plenty of game time this season.

So his attitude might be a bit of an issue - I'd think that should be able to be managed until we're able to get a replacement in January. If the squad in general is full of people with good attitudes, one player who's a bit more difficult to manage shouldn't ruin things.

Positive spin is maybe Potter knows Connolly is all that.

That's what I'm hoping

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Plus Andone can be recalled in January if things are desperate
If he's being shipped out because he's got a bad attitude, imagine the mess if he was then brought back in because we're desperate: 'Ok everyone, please welcome Florin back. Yeah, he's a bit of a handful, aren't you Florin, but the fact is he's better than the rest of you and we need him to save your sorry arses, so get behind him, don't piss him off, and do what he says.'

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Positive spin is maybe Potter knows Connolly is all that.

That's what I'm hoping
Imagine how much we'd get for him in January?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Probably a better position than we were in last year......

looks like we are banking on Connolly delivering and personally I think that is a good thing because at least he looks like he wants to play AND does not appear to have a temper issue.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He also reminds me of that villain from Carlitos Way...

“Remember me? ... Benny from the Bronx...?

And not just in the way he looks.

If only he’d managed to get on the train just a little quicker...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He also reminds me of that villain from Carlitos Way...

“Remember me? ... Benny from the Bronx...?

And not just in the way he looks.

If only he’d managed to get on the train just a little quicker...

Benny Blanco

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Getting away with something once, doesn't mean you'll get away with it then. If Glenn had picked up a serious injury, we'd have almost certainly gone down.

Hmm, seems to be ignoring history.

What about our first season in the top flight, and more specifically, first half of that season....

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I’m going with the positive here - Potter (and his staff) have seen enough in Connolly to want to fast track him, so they are freeing up the slot. They have a track record for this type of player development. I suspect this is one of the main reasons we have a new manager.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
With all these players on loan, I wonder how it works about money? (specifically in respect of senior players, Locadia, Andone Knocky)

Are we getting a loan fee or is that the player (or do both get one)?
Are the loaning clubs likely to be covering the players full wages?
What about amortisation, do we get anything for that? (we paid a lot of money for these players)
The loan fee goes to the club, if there is a loan fee. It'll depend whether it's worth it to each club. Again with the wages, it depends whether the player is worth it. For example, if Benteke were to go on loan to a League 2 club, they would cover about 1% of his wages, and pay no loan fee. No, nothing for amortisation, other than the loan fee.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If I'd kicked somebody that hard at work accidentally I'd be apologizing profusely then preparing myself for a meeting in HR. Bernardo just smiled about it, which makes you wonder if FA isn't some kind of team punch-bag, perhaps triggered by previous incidents or stuff he's said behind his team-mates' backs.

Thing is, when's the right time to apologise: at the time of the incident when the team mate's quite rightly narked at the random hefty kick? Or just after the team mate's had the red mist come down and arguably cost his team three points?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Naylor reporting Andone was demanding more guaranteed PL playing time.
If that was the case I'd have expected GP to tell him he'll have his chance to make the place his, but if he's having to share the shirt and wants to go elsewhere, we'd let him go in January when the transfer window is open. It doesn't make sense to let him go at this late hour just because he wants more game time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here