Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Did Potter have any say in Knockaert,Locadia,and Andone leaving.Maybe he was told when taken on that some experienced players have to go and must give some Academy players a chance. All 3 players were under contract and find it hard to believe that Potter would be telling Bloom he wants them all out.

IMHO Potter and Ashworth were equally behind these moves, assessing and seeing deficiencies in the players games.

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
As far as I am concerned, he single-handedly ruined our good start to the season's momentum. It was 3 points dropped against Shampton that would have seen us sitting in fourth place even with losing to Man City and instead we are in now a relegation battle, with Palace in fourth.

If we need to pull him back off the loan and he comes back more sensible that's fine, but with Connolly and Alzate sniffing at the Prem the door is now open for them.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Many are now saying how ruthless Potter is. I ask what influence did he have in release of 3 senior players and has he been told must bring in Academy players.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
What is?
[MENTION=14294]Lifelong Supporter[/MENTION] said it doesn't mean he's ready for it, I'm just saying our manager is using his judgement to say he is. No guarantee GP is right, but it's that kind of judgement and decision making we're paying him for.

Oh exactly. I will be just amazed given his lack of experience to date if he contributes the goals we need. Of course this may happen. I got thinking of Peter Ward.. and what an impact he first made. That was though in the old Third Division not the PL. I wish him well.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Was Andone disruptive off the field?

I'm only inferring this from certain things said and done. With Locadia he's just not good enough, with Andone, he probably is but there are other reasons we're letting this happen. I don't think we'd be letting Andone go unless something bigger was going on. Just my opinion.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Many are now saying how ruthless Potter is. I ask what influence did he have in release of 3 senior players and has he been told must bring in Academy players.

Must is a strong word. I simply can’t imagine Bloom saying you MUST bring academy players in to the first team this season. Rather, I think Potter and Ashworth have said ‘actually Tony, there’s some real talent in the youth, so if you wanna get some big earners off the wage bill feel free to do it now’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What is?
[MENTION=14294]Lifelong Supporter[/MENTION] said it doesn't mean he's ready for it, I'm just saying our manager is using his judgement to say he is. No guarantee GP is right, but it's that kind of judgement and decision making we're paying him for.

Judging by some of the posts it’s whats being inferred

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As far as I am concerned, he single-handedly ruined our good start to the season's momentum.
He also helped kick start our season, scoring with his first touch of the season.

It was indeed a stupid red card, and it did cost us. But he's a capable striker, and cutting our nose off to spite our face doesn't do us any favours.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I was one of Andone's biggest fans. Pace and nastiness, good finisher. Big potential.

But there's a fine line between having that bit of bite and being a liability.

It's a shame, he's clearly got the talent. But you go around putting in "challenges" like that and it's not going to take VAR to ensure that you miss half the season. He'll get away with way more playing for Galatasary, so it's a good move for him.

We may be light up front but I trust GP. We've played way better football this season than most of last with or without Andone.

£700k and £2.5m saved in wages is probably sensible business when you try to look at it objectively..... Still trying to look at it objectively btw and my "being a massive Albion fan" voice in my head is niggling me.

We'll see!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not sad to see this.

An unprovoked assault against Stains, not his first for us. Quite possibly costing us vital PL points.
Yeah that's a more concise version of my general gist. Still can't help liking the nasty little **** though! [emoji23]

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm only inferring this from certain things said and done. With Locadia he's just not good enough, with Andone, he probably is but there are other reasons we're letting this happen. I don't think we'd be letting Andone go unless something bigger was going on. Just my opinion.

As a matter of interest what things have been said

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Whilst I'm no great fan of either, we have now released three of only seven players who scored more than one Premier League goal for us last season, and of the four remaining, two are centre-backs.

What could possibly go wrong with an OAP, a kid who hadn't played Premier League football before this weekend and someone from Brentford?

Relegation? :shrug:

Our Tone is a gambler, looks like GP has taken a leaf out of his book...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hope he got a good send off :wink:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Whilst I’m disappointed he’s going as I rate Andone, I don’t get the concern re: squad strength at all.

We’re basically playing 1 man up front which we’ve still got Maupay, Murray and Connolly to cover. You don’t need more than that. Whilst we don’t know exactly how Connolly will get on yet, GP obviously has a lot of faith in him and that’s enough for me.

In the wide attacking positions we’ve got Trossard, March, Gross, Ali J, Izquierdo, Alzate, and Mooy who can all play there plus any other U23’s we might be thinking of promoting. We’re fine for cover as far as I can see.

It’s almost like I wrote Potter’s comments for the website when I said this last night!

I do think we’re fine. To promote youth, you have to take a bit of a risk at times to put the faith in the youngsters and I really do think this is a calculated risk, both players look ready for this. These are exciting times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here