Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Was hoping Hughton would have sold Andone and Locadia in June, but his sacking bought them both time. It was clear last spring neither were going to be the prolific successors to Murray. Getting their wages paid now should hopefully be part of the green light to land a striker in January we have identified already.

No chance to sell, and no one to buy them, neither are PL sustainence quality. Best of luck, thanks for the goal against palace and on we go, upwards, slowly, but surely.

Connolly is already Better than either Locadia or Andone last season, and will get better. .

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I have a feeling we shipped out Ahannach quickly to USG because of this...

To sing a free agent we have to have less than 25 senior players on the books. Now it could be that technically Crofts is registered as 1 ( wouldn't surprise me ), so a quick loan out of Ahannach was required so we could bring in a free agent striker ?

Wilfried Bony?
Did he play under Potter last season at Swansea?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But wouldn't any free agent just take Andone's spot?

Who are the free agents, do you think, that we are going to take a look at, sit down to be grilled by Maty et al to see if they pass the dick head test, in a relativley leisurely manner during this match hiatus, hopefully with business done in a week so Crouchy is fully integrated for the Bumley fixture? ???

Edit - hopefully not Bony Wilf who has scored next to nuffink since 2015.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
No, if ( as I suspect ) Crofts counts as a senior player on the books, then he would have to take Andone's squad place rather than a new free agent.

Ship out Ahannach quickly ( to USG ) and there is a 2nd free space.

Why the **** would a 35 year old league one player go onto our books ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
We now play with an interchangeable front 3. If Andone goes, then that front 3 can be chosen from:

Maupay
Murray
Trossard
Ali J
Gross
Connolly
March
izquierdo (When fit again)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No, if ( as I suspect ) Crofts counts as a senior player on the books, then he would have to take Andone's squad place rather than a new free agent.

Ship out Ahannach quickly ( to USG ) and there is a 2nd free space.

I'm still struggling here...

Crofts + Andone + Ahannach = 3 players
Crofts + Free Agent = 2 players

scooter1

How soon is now?
At times he’s a liability on the pitch, and whilst he has scored a few important goals for us but some of his tackles are a serious worry. It’s equally a worry that we can potentially be left 3 strikers, but I trust the club in their actions. If he is going GP must know what he is doing, and is happy to work with what he has available

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
He’s a liability and his goalscoring record for us is hardly impressive. We’d have trossard, izquierdo, Gross, Murray, Maupay, Connolly, jahanbakhsh and March in contention for three spaces.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why the **** would a 35 year old league one player go onto our books ?

Crofts has been recruited to play in the U-23s as an overage player, to help coach the younger players through games.

It is quite conceivable that he will have to be named in our squad in order to do that, even if he would never play in the first team.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
With Murray ****ed we've had it

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

SoggyCabbages

Mar 29, 2019
Dan Burn has been good in glimpses when bombing forward. Let's just stick him up front. Then fills a hole for Webster to start every week, win win situation.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It'll be him or Bony I reckon to come in.

Or Bojan Radulovic will have to step up from the U23s.

Llorente is signing for Napoli by the looks of it.

If we were looking in the U23s then the best prospect there would seem to be Jan Mlakar, who has of course already gone on loan to QPR.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Florin Andone is wanted by Galatasaray and
@OfficialBHAFC
accepted the offer offered to the Turks. Now it depends only on the Romanian striker. If he goes to the team where Hagi became a god, he will evolve into the Champions League! If he stays in England he will fight relegation.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm with the general gist of the thread. As much as I'm supportive of the club and the new direction we are taking and generally excited about what might pan out, this was on the basis that we might score more goals rather than fewer.

This. Is. ****ing. Insane.

Hello Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here