Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This news has got me wondering whether there has been positive developments with Percy Tau’s work permit behind the scenes. Otherwise I will be totalled gutted if Andone goes - look how good his finish was at Watford FFS !
It may be that the same loophole that allowed Hemed's contract to be terminated so he could join Charlton could enable us to cancel Percy's loan before 5pm tonight if Bruges agree.

But it is probably unlikely that the work permit issue is resolved yet.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Looks like Potter is having an impact....

Quite frankly, if they aren’t his type of player or person I have no problems with getting rid. All three of them have some kind of discipline issues which GP is not prepared to tolerate as part of his team ethic.

It’s his team and his neck on the line. He didn’t buy any of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It may be that the same loophole that allowed Hemed's contract to be terminated so he could join Charlton could enable us to cancel Percy's loan before 5pm tonight if Bruges agree.

But it is probably unlikely that the work permit issue is resolved yet.

I wondered this in the small hours this morning but it got poo pood.....could it be possible? ???

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Exactly, the pool is small...... well some on here have said we turned down chance to sign Brooks ? But other than that I can’t remember too many we’ve missed out on that have done that well elsewhere ..... Solanke hasn’t pulled up any trees yet, can’t think of many. I suppose strikers are always the one they feel they have to take a risk on as they are so difficult to find

Warren Aspinall has said a few times that he scouted Callum Wilson (at Coventry) and recommended that we sign him. :down:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That could be 2 players gone people blamed CH for not getting the best from but will show Potter doesn’t rate either. AJ not had a PL minute under his belt either.

Like the fact GP is acting decisively at the start of this campaign. Only player I feel he hasn’t had a proper look at yet is Mooy, but suspect his time will come. Thought it was a bold move to drop Duffy, but already it feels like we have a number of players all realising they’re fighting for their starting XI spot.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Doesn't alter the fact that after 3 matches he would be back. Albeit until the next sending off...

Doesn't alter the fact he's a complete liability, why should we have to put up with his antics so he could score maybe, 6/7 goals a season? But we run risk of him missing that equal amount of games a season..He has also cost us 3 points this season.

Last season, that could have sent us down...

Maupay has shown he can score, we know Murray can score and Trossard has also shown he can score. A fit Gross could add to the tally until January at least.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hang on a minute. Aren't Palace going to finish top 10? And they only have Benteke, Sorloth and Wickham. Things really aren't that bad folks.
Sorloth is out on loan isn't he, but they have Ayew ?

West Ham also are looking for a free agent striker as their numbers are low.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’m feeling positive about this. Potter is stamping his mark and while we are yet to see what the season brings, it feels like we have made a positive start.

In all honesty, we should not have lost to Southampton, but events prevented that. The table looks bad at the present, but not a reflection of what I believe performances deserved.

I’m assuming Potter is able to give the recruitment team fresh direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here