Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
United sold Lukaku for £74m, during the transfer window. So they were able to spend the money elsewhere. If we sold Andone for good money in the transfer window, then I'd understand it. But the window has closed, and Andone looks as good a striker for Potter's style as we have at the club.

No doubt the club will have their reasons, but it's still bad news for us fans.

Who did Man.U buy after they sold Lukaku?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The flag bearer of the 'Murray Out' campaign. :thumbsup:

More like:-

Murray shouldn't be the defacto #1 striker, for a Premier League football club with an income far in excess of £100,000,000 per annum.

Granted that's not a catchy.

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I like Andone, I would like to have seen him given a lengthy run in the team, I know the reasons he wasn’t, bad discipline, injuries. etc.
However, I can understand the club getting rid of him, if , the rumours about his attitude are true.
It’s a shame, I think given a run in the team, he would have proved to be an asset, but, if the powers that be don’t fancy him for whatever reason, then it’s better he leaves.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Nobody pooh-poohed your post.

I didnt mean that in a negative way! I have no clue whatsoever if such a move is possible?

I assumed your response was a definite no.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Who did Man.U buy after they sold Lukaku?
They spent a fair bit on Maguire. Presumably they were already in talks at that stage to sell Lukaku, so his sale was part of the overall planned summer business.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Coach_1990e.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bit of a clanger dropped really to loan out both Locadia and Andone when the incoming transfer window is shut.

Connolly can't replace both of them.

If Murray was 5 years younger, perhaps it would be more understandable.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I haven't read all the way back so it may have been answered but I cant see any advantage in loaning out Andone and leaving the forward line as an aging Murray, unproven Maupay and very raw and inexperienced Connolly. An injury in there and we are in trouble. A knock for Maupay and we are back to playing Murray each week or starting Connolly. As I said very light now in the forward area.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Small mercy that we only paid 5 million on a relegation release clause rather than circa 20 million we were rumoured to be paying before Deportivo pulled the plug.

We really are shit at finding decent strikers who work out even though we have had three years of PL money. Dreadful recruiting however you dress it up

Fingers crossed that Maupay finds his shooting boots again soon, although he has been less than impressive since his wonder goal against Watford.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not 'for sure' at all. Unless you're saying Andone's absence was worth a nailed-on 3 goal swing.

No I'm not saying that. Who knows if Stains would have scored 2 had we had 11 men on? Personally I don't think they would have. We were the better team by far before he went off and even after I thought we were the most likely to win until they scored. Indeed I'd say we were the better team throughout but when we're 9 outfielders vs 10 the odds are heavily stacked against, particularly in that heat

It's a game I'm sure were were realistically targeting all 3 points and there's not a whole load of those ... so yes I do feel he was the key reason for the loss and I was royally pissed off with him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here