Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Or nobody will take him?

We can all infer different things.
1. The AK decision was taken before GP arrived. GP knew AK was going before or when he signed.
2. Agree.
3. I don't think GP takes the decision on the red card, that would be knee jerk. Suspect overall attitude and ability are more what Potter has had a look at.

I would say 2 & 3 are similar in that the manager has given plenty of minutes and chances to see what he has.

the weird one is 4. No PL minutes yet, first place on the bench Saturday, yet not the one up for a loan? Perhaps GP feels he can work some mind magic on the Iranian.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Agree on this.

Why move AK out instead of AJ? - must be attitude.

Why move Andone out? - must be attitude.

Yes - he cost us the game against Southampton - but is that enough to ship him out?

BIG risk IMO unless we've got someone (free agent) lined up.

I liked Andone, I like players who play on the edge, and look like they care, but I agree he's a red card waiting to happen.

Thanks for 'that' goal last season.

To me CH and AK appeared to have had a special relationship an almost father son support with CH moving on I suspect it was simply a good move for him and the club to have a fresh start in a division where AK can if he's in the right frame of mind be a superstar

AJ I still think there's a really good player yet to show himself may be GP thinks the same strange he's not even been on the bench though.

FA has been a red card waiting to happen every game, I recall last season there was talk of disharmony within the camp and a couple of names were mentioned as being disruptive and one of those was FA so only speculation but I agree if he has gone then its attitude not ability that sees a move.

The other name mentioned last season as I recall was Locardia's and in his case I just don't think it's worked out for him the first day he arrived he was talking about wanting to play for Man United not a great way to win over the fans and at times his attitude appeared poor warming up alone away from what are supposed to be his team mates.

It's all total speculation based on no facts from a very good source who knows nothing

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Or nobody will take him?

We'd like to take Andone?
What about this one, can do you a deal.
No thanks, really want Andone.
But this one has a great record in the Dutch league, sharp haircut, massive social media following in Iran.
Yeah thanks, but all the same, think I'd rather have the crazy red card round the corner Romanian.
Not even at half the price?
Not even at quarter the price...
I can throw in Balogun?
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha good one.
No seriously, great deal.
You'd have to be paying us!

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
At first I was very uneasy about this but then I look at the players at our disposal and it makes sense. Andone is a liability who cant be trusted, Potter also only wants to play with one out and out striker and then a combination of Gross, Mooy, Trossard, Ali J, Isquierdo (when fit) March as part of the front three. Bissouma also needs to come back in so I do think we are fairly well covered.

I also think back to the first season when we started our Prem League adventure with only Murray (who started season injured), Hemed and a permanently crocked Baldock. In one of the early games (Arsenal away maybe) we started with Izzy Brown as the central striker. That season turned out okay and we have much better quality now. Plus Andone can be recalled in January if things are desperate and he would have missed the next two, potentially crucial games, anyway.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I know everyone else has said it already, but if we are seriously considering loaning him out, then;

1) There must be some personal/behind the scenes stuff going on there.
2) Potter must really like what he sees in Connolly.

Andone was deemed good enough to start for us less than a week ago, and I thought he started the game really well. I very much doubt this will be a decision made on the basis of one mistake? Yes a bad challenge but he surely didn't intend on hurting the chap, no matter how bad it looks? It's not like he got 'the red mist' or anything, just a terribly misjudged challenge.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
With all these players on loan, I wonder how it works about money? (specifically in respect of senior players, Locadia, Andone Knocky)

Are we getting a loan fee or is that the player (or do both get one)?
Are the loaning clubs likely to be covering the players full wages?
What about amortisation, do we get anything for that? (we paid a lot of money for these players)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
must be more to this as Andone did look like could cut it prem.

So we would have an ageing Murray , Maupay unproven and Connolly who is just potential at the moment .

Not convinced that’s enough over a season .

Could get away with it until jan possibly
I don't understand it at all. It looks to me like he'd get plenty of game time this season. He came on and immediately scored against Watford, had another sub appearance against West Ham before then earning the right to start against Southampton. I'd have expected him to get plenty of game time this season.

So his attitude might be a bit of an issue - I'd think that should be able to be managed until we're able to get a replacement in January. If the squad in general is full of people with good attitudes, one player who's a bit more difficult to manage shouldn't ruin things.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
It seems to me a big leap to, or just a big coincidence to suggest Potter allowing discussion on Andone going on loan is mainly to do with discipline. Yes he got a red, but that doesn't generally result in a manager getting rid for a year.

If Potter is sanctioning Andone going out on loan, I suspect it will be a lot more to do with ability, attitude and what Potter feels Andone offers than discipline. If it was just discipline, then I'd say you were right and GP would look to work on that with him, not turf him out.

You're right. Of all people, GP would probably be best suited to help him with attitude and discipline. More to it than that.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Well yes, we're clearly not short of inside forwards (if that's what they're called). It's centre forwards we're short on now. It's a very specific position, requiring a very particular set of skills

At first I was very uneasy about this but then I look at the players at our disposal and it makes sense. Andone is a liability who cant be trusted, Potter also only wants to play with one out and out striker and then a combination of Gross, Mooy, Trossard, Ali J, Isquierdo (when fit) March as part of the front three. Bissouma also needs to come back in so I do think we are fairly well covered.

I also think back to the first season when we started our Prem League adventure with only Murray (who started season injured), Hemed and a permanently crocked Baldock. In one of the early games (Arsenal away maybe) we started with Izzy Brown as the central striker. That season turned out okay and we have much better quality now. Plus Andone can be recalled in January if things are desperate and he would have missed the next two, potentially crucial games, anyway.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Well yes, we're clearly not short of inside forwards (if that's what they're called). It's centre forwards we're short on now. It's a very specific position, requiring a very particular set of skills

Skills they have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make them a nightmare for people like you. If you let their daughter go now that'll be the end of it. They will not look for you, they will not pursue you, but if you don't, they will look for you, they will find you and they will kill you.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
With all these players on loan, I wonder how it works about money? (specifically in respect of senior players, Locadia, Andone Knocky)

Are we getting a loan fee or is that the player (or do both get one)?
Are the loaning clubs likely to be covering the players full wages?
What about amortisation, do we get anything for that? (we paid a lot of money for these players)

As I understand it, the player is still employed by the parent club with whom they still have an employment contract. Therefore their wages continue to be paid by them. Whether there is a 'loan clause' in the contract where they get expenses, relocation costs etc. is probably down to the individual contracts.

The loaning club then pay the parent club whatever they've agreed. That might be a portion of the wages, could be 100%, could be more, could involve a fee. It is just a deal the 2 clubs make. They don't have to take on board any amortisation because they've simply agreed to 'hire' a player rather than buy one. What it does for the parent club's asset value is down to them to consider.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It’s occurred to me that at the start of next season, without signing another player (just getting back the players we’ve already loaned out), we could have the following competing for an up front position in addition to Trossard, Gross, Maupay etc etc, who we have to the moment.

Andone
Knocky
Locadia
Tau
MacAllister
Gyokeres
Mlakar

Though I suppose, you’d get about 10000-1 on those 7 being named in next seasons 25.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Our 3 players who play up front , a 36 year old who is getting slower and slower, an under 23 who has no experience in any Premier football, plus a player who we brought from Brentford, and has not played one full game in the Premier league yet ,
Seems to me we are asking for trouble

Hmm, seems to be ignoring history.

What about our first season in the top flight, and more specifically, first half of that season....

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Don't disagree but it wasn't as if the Southampton game was the first time we've seen Andone lose it.

Potter had the entire summer to bin off players who weren't the right "fit" so why wait until the transfer window has slammed shut to get rid of Andone and Locadia. If he didn't want them (and both of them had the same "issues" as last season: Andone = temperament. Locadia = not a footballer) they should have been sold in the summer and the proceeds reinvested.

No good will come of this shambles.

Dealing with people is easy, isn't it! They are so predictable, consistent and open with their bosses. I wonder why we can't find a manager that could see that rather than these idiots that don't make snap judgments before we've even kicked a ball in anger!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here