Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Bit of a clanger dropped really to loan out both Locadia and Andone when the incoming transfer window is shut.
Connolly can't replace both of them.

This is what I find odd. If Andone is such a liability, then why let Locadia and Hemed go out first?

I'm all for Connolly having a chance, as he did against Rovers and to a lesser extent Saturday. But, reducing us to three out-and-out strikers looks a risky strategy.

Alas, along with the Bernardo kicking incident, it doesn't smack of a united squad #Together.

PG

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I haven't read all the way back so it may have been answered but I cant see any advantage in loaning out Andone and leaving the forward line as an aging Murray, unproven Maupay and very raw and inexperienced Connolly. An injury in there and we are in trouble. A knock for Maupay and we are back to playing Murray each week or starting Connolly. As I said very light now in the forward area.

And a rather impressive looking Trossard don't forget. Given that we only had three strikers all last season I would say this is a step up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And a rather impressive looking Trossard don't forget. Given that we only had three strikers all last season I would say this is a step up.

He’s the AK replacement though isn’t he?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
What is this Bernado kicking incident? ???

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Mixed feelings about this. Some of FA's finishes were high-class and he always seemed to stretch defences with his running and movement. If GP has seen enough in Connolly already to suggest he is as good then fair play, but it's a big gamble. If, however, as it is being suggested Andone was that big a dickhead around the place then I'm happy to trust the club's judgement on shipping him out. Just hope we don't pick up any serious injuries up front between now and January.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Ali J is the cavalry, you heard it here first :thumbsup:

I'm getting on that Ali J salvation-horse with you.

I've been wrong with almost everything else recently (football related that is, politics stuff you can trust me on 100%) so may as well keep that record going.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Before the Stains game, as players arrived before gates open, Andone was walking across the pitch with one other player, Bernardo was a yard or so behind, Bernardo went to spit his gum out and volley it (as you do) but missed his gum and kicked Andone in the back of the calf. Andone threw a semi wobbly. Bernardo and the other player laughed. I think.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
This is what I find odd. If Andone is such a liability, then why let Locadia and Hemed go out first?

I'm all for Connolly having a chance, as he did against Rovers and to a lesser extent Saturday. But, reducing us to three out-and-out strikers looks a risky strategy.

Alas, along with the Bernardo kicking incident, it doesn't smack of a united squad #Together.

PG

The Bernardo kicking incident ?

Seriously ?

He spat out some chewing gum and went to kick it, as he did Andone stopped in front of him and he kicked him.

Stupid yeah, but no malice or any intent at all and to claim that it’s a sign of discontent in the squad is laughable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm getting on that Ali J salvation-horse with you.

I've been wrong with almost everything else recently (football related that is, politics stuff you can trust me on 100%) so may as well keep that record going.

I'm booooing Connolly, just to be safe.

#ReversePsychology.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The loan fee and saved wages really have to be used to give Connolly and Alzate fat new deals.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

This would suggest that we have been actively looking to move these players on, rather than being approached by other clubs who want them. This may have been the case with Tomer, but I'm guessing that with JL & FA the players' agents received news of interest and let the club know that they would be keen on a move. Locadia gets more first team opportunities, Andone gets the chance to play in the Champions League. I would guess that our approach has been, if you don't want to be here, then you can go. It fits Ashcroft's desire to allow a route to the first team for U23s and Potter's previous pattern of working with a small tight-knit squad.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
This would suggest that we have been actively looking to move these players on, rather than being approached by other clubs who want them. This may have been the case with Tomer, but I'm guessing that with JL & FA the players' agents received news of interest and let the club know that they would be keen on a move. Locadia gets more first team opportunities, Andone gets the chance to play in the Champions League. I would guess that our approach has been, if you don't want to be here, then you can go. It fits Ashcroft's desire to allow a route to the first team for U23s and Potter's previous pattern of working with a small tight-knit squad.

As I see it we are meant to be winning football matches and not have a splendid group of lads, giving their all, improving and still losing. We need to toughen up and get real.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The Bernardo kicking incident ?

Seriously ?

He spat out some chewing gum and went to kick it, as he did Andone stopped in front of him and he kicked him.

Stupid yeah, but no malice or any intent at all and to claim that it’s a sign of discontent in the squad is laughable.

I'm not going to place any great importance on that incident, but Andone's reaction to it was dummy spat, toys out of the pram, full on sulk was pretty bizarre. Might not show any discontent in the squad, but does give a little glimmer that Andone might not be the easiest person to get along with.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Potter gearing up to work his Daniel James magic all over again. By the end of the season we'll be fighting off the offers for Connolly. Maybe.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I'm not going to place any great importance on that incident, but Andone's reaction to it was dummy spat, toys out of the pram, full on sulk was pretty bizarre. Might not show any discontent in the squad, but does give a little glimmer that Andone might not be the easiest person to get along with.

To be fair, if you got booted right into the back of your leg, wouldn't you feel like a bit of a doormat if you just turned around and laughed about it?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Could be that Potter has analysed the personalities and is getting the narcissists out of the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here