Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Var

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Thread has now gone but after at first against am now for. Just need to to speed up check on goals. My fear was they were going to take decision making away from ref. Thought there would be alot more penalties but unless very obvious error they are backing refs opinion. The Grealish dive was a case in point. With ref right on spot they rightly backed his judgement and anyway impossible to award the goal if he had blown for a previous offence. In fact I dont think I have seen one case of refs decision been overruled on a penalty for or against.
Just need to sort hand ball out but that needs a rule change.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Big no from me. Really don't want the future too be delayed halfhearted goal celebrations. Rather the officials make mistakes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do think the VAR has not proved decisive enough on penalties red cards etc only on offside goals. I though that Xhaka tackle for the penalty was worthy of a card debatable yellow or possibly even red but nothing given. Also the push in the back in the last minutes on Kane not enough to push him over but the laws say a push is a penalty.no mention of the degree of the push.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
The idea of VAR is fantastic. It’s current reincarnation has flaws, but I’m happy to accept it under the impression it will improve.

The memory of travelling home from Cardiff after Bamber’s offside winner, which he celebrated by taking his shirt off without being booked, will haunt me forever.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The problem is that the idiots that have made VAR necessary, ie the PGMOL, are the same ones making inconsistent decisions sitting behind a tv monitor! They also seem to be the ones deciding on how to implement VAR rather than the games governing body telling them how to implement it!

Albion my Albion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
A value-added reseller (VAR) is a company that adds features or services to an existing product, then resells it (usually to end-users) as an integrated product or complete "turn-key" solution.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here