Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Public information re passports.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hi folks

We were booking a holiday in Spain during October half term and there was a note sent through to check the validity of your passport!

My passport expires in June 2020 and mrs DTG June 2020, so we assumed that was fine as you need to have 6 months validity and therefore well within if we go in Oct/ Nov

BUT it appears that if you had already renewed you passport they take 10 years from date of issue, And ignore the expiry date...so if any months carried forward from the previous passport is ignored.

So we went on to the governments passport page and lo and behold, both passports are not valid for October 2019 as the issue date were feb and April 2010.

So we would have been caught out. This was news to us and we have just come back from a ship visit and even the people checking our passports didn’t realise this and had to check it.

So if you have an10 year passport about to expire, please go on to the government’s passport website where you can put in your number and it tells you when you can travel and when you need to renew.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Our passports have an expiry date in them. February 2027, so how can they ignore the expiry date?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Our passports have an expiry date in them. February 2027, so how can they ignore the expiry date?

This is what I don’t understand. My current passport is for 10 years and a few months as I renewed it a few months early, like the OPs. If I’m understanding the OP correctly my passport will expire 10 years from the issue date and not on the expiry date. And whenever I am asked to complete passport details for flights I believe it’s the expiry date they request ....in fact I just checked this and it’s only the expiry date.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here