Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live in Hove? Shame about your new neighbours

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Not belittling the experiences you’ve had. I suppose I’m just trying to make a point that there’s no other section of people, (community, ethnicity, way of life; however you want to categorise them) of whom you could go into a public messageboard, suggest they are all deported and this would be socially acceptable and relatively unchallenged.

Viewing this thread, It’s also socially acceptable, it seems, to infer the behaviour of one person or group will be repeated by similar people or groups. I can’t imagine this thread would still be going if the contents referred to any other community other than Irish travellers, (or whoever they are on the Lawns) and I wonder if you could reasonably expect that NSC and some of its contributors might be in a bit of trouble if the contents had referred to any other community.

I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with your conclusion. It’s interesting to me that is all.

Ask the people of Cromer after the events of two years ago. The police weren’t welcome in town either after abandoning the residents to the lawlessness of the gypsy invasion. The Chief Constable of Norfolk apologized and recognized his officers would have to work hard to regain the trust of the town.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-norfolk-41742282

Last edited:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I don’t doubt there’s huge anecdotal evidence that The Irish Traveller community have been involved in crime and antisocial behaviour. However, other ethnic groupings have statistically higher crime and behavioural problems than average, admittedly to a much lesser degree, yet nobody would consider saying the things they’ve said on this thread about them. It would be immediately challenged, the thread would surely be removed and the comments would probably be considered illegal.

Can I say again, I’m not defending the crimes or behaviour of the people at the lawns or the traveller community in general.

Ask the people of Cromer after the events of two years ago. The police weren’t welcome in town either after abandoning the residents to the lawlessness of the gypsy invasion. The Chief Constable of Norfolk apologized and recognized his officers would have to work hard to regain the trust of the town.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-norfolk-41742282

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I don’t doubt there’s huge anecdotal evidence that The Irish Traveller community have been involved in crime and antisocial behaviour. However, other ethnic groupings have statistically higher crime and behavioural problems than average, admittedly to a much lesser degree, yet nobody would consider saying the things they’ve said on this thread about them. It would be immediately challenged, the thread would surely be removed and the comments would probably be considered illegal.

Can I say again, I’m not defending the crimes or behaviour of the people at the lawns or the traveller community in general.

Perhaps in Cromer because it’s only the ‘travellers’ that have turned up and behaved in this way ? The article mentions this group had been involved in incidents in Lowestoft. Similar happens every Summer. People take as they find.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I don't like that the travellers have pitched up on an area of the seafront which people use for things like picnics, football, jogging etc but Jesus Christ, this thread seems to be more about peoples views/hatred of the entire community of travellers than Hove lawns.

Some really bitter, miserable gits on this thread.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Swathes of this thread wouldn’t look out of place in Mein Kampf

I’m not belittling the effects of experiencing this antisocial behaviour or disputing any of the stories told, but doesn’t the grouping together of people sit a little uncomfortably with anyone?

The grouping together of a bunch of Pikeys where they are not wanted sits uncomfortably with me!

I’m assuming you’ve been down to the Lawns with provisions?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I don't like that the travellers have pitched up on an area of the seafront which people use for things like picnics, football, jogging etc but Jesus Christ, this thread seems to be more about peoples views/hatred of the entire community of travellers than Hove lawns.

I don’t understand your logic. Are you saying only Hove Lawns matters ? What about the experiences of people in other parts of the country ? I don’t actually hate anybody. My frustration is aimed at the authorities for our inadequate laws and police for lack of enforcement of what we have.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

What, you’re surprised that people hate these vermin?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
PS If you hate them, then you're worse than them.

Load of bollocks. You’re OK with killing policeman whilst stealing a quad bike are you?

They use the caravan storage where I store my motorhome like a spare parts warehouse. I’ve had to install cctv at home as a load of copper strips went missing when they were in the area. Stealing is in their blood.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Riddled? I’m quite happy with my feelings towards those scumbags thanks.

The unfortunate thing for you is your 'feelings' towards the travellers is actually only you dealing with those negative feelings. Hate is like trying to kill someone by drinking your own poison. Understanding is the much better option. Plus, what good does calling millions of people vermin do? If anything, it just makes you look small minded and thick.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
The unfortunate thing for you is your 'feelings' towards the travellers is actually only you dealing with those negative feelings. Hate is like trying to kill someone by drinking your own poison. Understanding is the much better option. Plus, what good does calling millions of people vermin do? If anything, it just makes you look small minded and thick.

Whatever.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

The hilarious thing is that, if you quoted this touchy-feely nonsense to a Do As You Likey they'd laugh in your face and consider you thicker than whale spunk. Then they'd nick your shoes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here