Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live in Hove? Shame about your new neighbours

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Utter utter scum.
The swear word filter on here won't allow me to express myself fully here.

And of course old bill "can't do anything"
Let's see if that the case if I go and park down the seafront tomorrow and leave it all day while I go to work?
Utter Utter Scum

It used to be the case that when the "do as you likeys" turned up and plagued Victoria Park in Worthing that the Council would insist on conducting a "welfare assessment". That presumably involved hours of "there thereing" and making sure they were all tucked up at night and dragging out their stay for a week or so.

However, now there is a dedicated site for them to defile, the police can move them on. Last time they showed up they were driving vehicles at speed across the park whilst the lil kiddies (two infant schools adjacent to the park) were heading for school. They were gone within 12 hours.

The OB succeeding where the Council couldn't give a shit. Nice job.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Swathes of this thread wouldn’t look out of place in Mein Kampf

I’m not belittling the effects of experiencing this antisocial behaviour or disputing any of the stories told, but doesn’t the grouping together of people sit a little uncomfortably with anyone?

Not with me. My taxes have to go to clearing up after these ********.

- they don't pay taxes
- they don't ensure their kids are educated
- they have no care for the environment

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Real life incidents from these criminals, not hearsay:

A child’s buggy was stolen and attempt to steal steels from our drive. Caught, they were travellers.

Travellers tried to take over a park in Crawley. When challenged by the locals including a mate of mine, they were gobbed at. The huge number of locals, prevented the travellers attempts of intimidation turning to their predictable violence.

Colleagues and mates who live in the Sussex sticks have had endless stuff stolen by travellers. Often caught, yes, they were travellers. They trained younger members to take out high up security lights and cameras with catapults ... incredibly accurate, but they have a lot of leisure time to practice, not having to work for a living.

Scum of the earth. The UK’s their perfect home, so many rights bestowed on them.
Van broken into in coldean when they were on wild park

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

I’m not belittling the effects of experiencing this antisocial behaviour or disputing any of the stories told, but doesn’t the grouping together of people sit a little uncomfortably with anyone?
They're the one demographic/race everyone can hate together [emoji16]

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They camped on southwick leisure centres car park last year resulting in them putting barriers up on the entrance and exit. Went to do some plumbing there, van fitted under the entrance barrier fine, smashed my roof rack off on the exit (it was a foot lower) FFS

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 7, 2003
Hove Lawns.jpg
Hove Lawns 2.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You're not a lone voice. Clearly there have been times when travellers have acted like complete cocks and they'e made a bloody great mess on the lawns already, so this lot aren't any better than the others we've had down here.

I just think, how's this situation ever going to get resolved? The more we vilify, (however much they deserve it) the more distanced from mainstream society they'll feel and we'll continue to have these problems.

These seemingly intractable problems only ever get resolved through dialogue and a genuine effort to understand on both sides. This requires one side to be mature enough to make the first move, no matter how galling it might feel. 99 times out of 100, it won't work and you'll feel you're banging your head against a wall.

[MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] has already pointed out the obvious answer. Make Trespass a criminal, rather than civil offence with a jail term for incidents of mass trespass. Job done.

Nope. Every DAYL I've encountered has been an absolute **** and they make life hell for those who encounter them. The morals of a sewer rat and hygene standards that dung beetles would be ashamed of.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Wow :wozza:

Normal families wanting to enjoy time by the sea turn up on the bus,train, walk, or PAY to park their car in a car park or proper space on the road, not park where they like on the Hove Lawns.
What respect are they showing parking there?
Notice the litter next to the caravans/mobile homes?

I drove past there about an hour ago and just happened to glance over at the ‘site’ while stuck in traffic.
One of their kids (guessing about 9 or 10) was beside the caravan having a slash!
No respect for others.....don’t their caravans have toilets?
Absolutely disgusting, in full view of anyone walking along.
The make me bloody sick with their sense of self entitlement and ‘do as we like’ attitude.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep, Hove Lawns is full of do as you likeys. Noticed this morning on my run and they weren't there yesterday. Typical scumbag tactic, arrive on a Sunday when the courts are closed. Probably gone by Wednesday by when the lawns will look like a cross between a nappy factory and a nuclear attack.
Indeed. It's a problem that just about everyone across the political spectrum agree with each other about. I don't understand why our governments never sort it out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They're humans. Why not get someone down there to see how long they're intending to stay for, get a couple of big bins down there for them to use and there won't be any problems.
Maybe if they'd told the council they were coming, and asked for some bins, that would be an option. But they turned up on Saturday when the council offices are closed, so getting them bins isn't an option.

They make people feel uncomfortable because of the demonisation of them as people
No, they make people uncomfortable because of the way they behave.
Treat them with respect, and they'll not cause anyone a problem.
:fishing:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Keep your dogs safe. Big problem up here with gypsies stealing dogs. I watched the programme on the large ’travellers festival’ in Cumbria the other week. There were several mentions of dogs being sold and no comment at all from the programme makers or police.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Keep your dogs safe. Big problem up here with gypsies stealing dogs. I watched the programme on the large ’travellers festival’ in Cumbria the other week. There were several mentions of dogs being sold and no comment at all from the programme makers or police.

Travellers love to "swap dogs" with unsuspecting dog walkers. They tried this on in Victoria Park last time they were there,

Driver8

On the road...
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
You're not a lone voice. Clearly there have been times when travellers have acted like complete cocks and they'e made a bloody great mess on the lawns already, so this lot aren't any better than the others we've had down here.

I just think, how's this situation ever going to get resolved? The more we vilify, (however much they deserve it) the more distanced from mainstream society they'll feel and we'll continue to have these problems.

These seemingly intractable problems only ever get resolved through dialogue and a genuine effort to understand on both sides. This requires one side to be mature enough to make the first move, no matter how galling it might feel. 99 times out of 100, it won't work and you'll feel you're banging your head against a wall.

How about sending the ****ers back to Ireland? They are thieving violent scum bags and have no respect for anyone.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The travellers will go sometime this week ( hopefully ) and we will have beautiful central Hove back to its usual. I think perhaps living in er Newhaven you might have a tiny chip on your shoulder. Central Hove is expensive for a reason, its clearly the nicest part of our city to live in.
Did you forget to press the “reply with quote” button?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
How about sending the ****ers back to Ireland? They are thieving violent scum bags and have no respect for anyone.

See [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] post 20.

Aren't Irish Tinkers displaced people from when their lands were taken under British rule though?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
See [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] post 20.

Aren't Irish Tinkers displaced people from when their lands were taken under British rule though?
No, they are not.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Not belittling the experiences you’ve had. I suppose I’m just trying to make a point that there’s no other section of people, (community, ethnicity, way of life; however you want to categorise them) of whom you could go into a public messageboard, suggest they are all deported and this would be socially acceptable and relatively unchallenged.

Viewing this thread, It’s also socially acceptable, it seems, to infer the behaviour of one person or group will be repeated by similar people or groups. I can’t imagine this thread would still be going if the contents referred to any other community other than Irish travellers, (or whoever they are on the Lawns) and I wonder if you could reasonably expect that NSC and some of its contributors might be in a bit of trouble if the contents had referred to any other community.

I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with your conclusion. It’s interesting to me that is all.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
Indeed. It's a problem that just about everyone across the political spectrum agree with each other about. I don't understand why our governments never sort it out.

It's because they are pissing around spending all their time and money on Br............ :wink:

I agree, this problem has been going on for years and needs action taken at a National level. AFAIK councils only have limited powers. I really don't understand why there hasn't been trespass laws similar to the Irish ones put forward in parliament :shrug:

Driver8

On the road...
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Not belittling the experiences you’ve had. I suppose I’m just trying to make a point that there’s no other section of people, (community, ethnicity, way of life; however you want to categorise them) of whom you could go into a public messageboard, suggest they are all deported and this would be socially acceptable and relatively unchallenged.

Viewing this thread, It’s also socially acceptable, it seems, to infer the behaviour of one person or group will be repeated by similar people or groups. I can’t imagine this thread would still be going if the contents referred to any other community other than Irish travellers, (or whoever they are on the Lawns) and I wonder if you could reasonably expect that NSC and some of its contributors might be in a bit of trouble if the contents had referred to any other community.

I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with your conclusion. It’s interesting to me that is all.

Presumably because no other group collectively behaves like them. Is there a single redeeming feature that they share?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here