Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live in Hove? Shame about your new neighbours

birthofanorange

NSC Patreon
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Ok, I’ll take the bait.

What respect are they showing the people of B+H and it’s law abiding visitors? Would you want to run thru that mess on a training run?

Do you really think they will give a departure date, then keep to it and leave the place spotless? They are not allowed to move their vehicles across the pavement or camp on the lawns. They should therefore be prosecuted and kicked off.

Hook, line and sinker.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm not a wind up, I'm just not into hating people.

Clearly, I'm a lone voice on this issue but that's not a problem for me.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
They're humans. Why not get someone down there to see how long they're intending to stay for, get a couple of big bins down there for them to use and there won't be any problems. They make people feel uncomfortable because of the demonisation of them as people but it's an attitude. Treat them with respect, and they'll not cause anyone a problem.

image.jpeg

Do you actually think the give a flying f*** about respect?
They don't care about you, me or anyone else apart from themselves.

D

Deleted member 2719

Yep, Hove Lawns is full of do as you likeys. Noticed this morning on my run and they weren't there yesterday. Typical scumbag tactic, arrive on a Sunday when the courts are closed. Probably gone by Wednesday by when the lawns will look like a cross between a nappy factory and a nuclear attack.

Chichester parkrun has been postponed twice this year because of the pikeys pitching up on site.

They actually pitched up once in the middle of a boys football training session,forcing them to stop.
Horrible lot.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Real life incidents from these criminals, not hearsay:

A child’s buggy was stolen and attempt to steal steels from our drive. Caught, they were travellers.

Travellers tried to take over a park in Crawley. When challenged by the locals including a mate of mine, they were gobbed at. The huge number of locals, prevented the travellers attempts of intimidation turning to their predictable violence.

Colleagues and mates who live in the Sussex sticks have had endless stuff stolen by travellers. Often caught, yes, they were travellers. They trained younger members to take out high up security lights and cameras with catapults ... incredibly accurate, but they have a lot of leisure time to practice, not having to work for a living.

Scum of the earth. The UK’s their perfect home, so many rights bestowed on them.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm not a wind up, I'm just not into hating people.

Clearly, I'm a lone voice on this issue but that's not a problem for me.

You're not a lone voice. Clearly there have been times when travellers have acted like complete cocks and they'e made a bloody great mess on the lawns already, so this lot aren't any better than the others we've had down here.

I just think, how's this situation ever going to get resolved? The more we vilify, (however much they deserve it) the more distanced from mainstream society they'll feel and we'll continue to have these problems.

These seemingly intractable problems only ever get resolved through dialogue and a genuine effort to understand on both sides. This requires one side to be mature enough to make the first move, no matter how galling it might feel. 99 times out of 100, it won't work and you'll feel you're banging your head against a wall.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
You're not a lone voice. Clearly there have been times when travellers have acted like complete cocks and they'e made a bloody great mess on the lawns already, so this lot aren't any better than the others we've had down here.

I just think, how's this situation ever going to get resolved? The more we vilify, (however much they deserve it) the more distanced from mainstream society they'll feel and we'll continue to have these problems.

These seemingly intractable problems only ever get resolved through dialogue and a genuine effort to understand on both sides. This requires one side to be mature enough to make the first move, no matter how galling it might feel. 99 times out of 100, it won't work and you'll feel you're banging your head against a wall.

Nice thought, but why compromise or meet half way when one side is breaking the law and one is trying to uphold it. Stand up for what’s right and show some balls Councillors.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
But how do we know those on the Lawns are intent to be trouble makers rather than families wanting to enjoy time by the sea? Treat people with respect and they'll generally reciprocate, treat them like vermin and you'll get the inevitably defensive response. I don't believe people are inherently good or bad and I see no reason to just assume they're vermin and treat them with the kind of hate seen in this thread and I've seen on Facebook.

Walk a mile in their shoes before writing them off as people.

Wow :wozza:

Normal families wanting to enjoy time by the sea turn up on the bus,train, walk, or PAY to park their car in a car park or proper space on the road, not park where they like on the Hove Lawns.
What respect are they showing parking there?
Notice the litter next to the caravans/mobile homes?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Utter utter scum.
The swear word filter on here won't allow me to express myself fully here.

And of course old bill "can't do anything"
Let's see if that the case if I go and park down the seafront tomorrow and leave it all day while I go to work?
Utter Utter Scum

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Well, that's a very serious situation which clearly the coppers need to be involved with. That behaviour isn't acceptable in any walk of life or under any circumstances.

But how do we know those on the Lawns are intent to be trouble makers rather than families wanting to enjoy time by the sea? Treat people with respect and they'll generally reciprocate, treat them like vermin and you'll get the inevitably defensive response. I don't believe people are inherently good or bad and I see no reason to just assume they're vermin and treat them with the kind of hate seen in this thread and I've seen on Facebook.

Walk a mile in their shoes before writing them off as people.
Could I suggest that you test your theory - invite them round to tea, let them park in your drive and camp in your garden.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Never understood why they can knowingly break so many laws that if I did even one of, I'd get arrested or a massive fine?

Some are lovely (well the ones I met were OK at the time) but large chunk give the rest a bad name with this kind of sh*t.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Swathes of this thread wouldn’t look out of place in Mein Kampf

I’m not belittling the effects of experiencing this antisocial behaviour or disputing any of the stories told, but doesn’t the grouping together of people sit a little uncomfortably with anyone?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The travellers will go sometime this week ( hopefully ) and we will have beautiful central Hove back to its usual. I think perhaps living in er Newhaven you might have a tiny chip on your shoulder. Central Hove is expensive for a reason, its clearly the nicest part of our city to live in.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Well done to the council for making these folk welcome ,.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/9453923.travellers-offer-thanks-to-brighton/:)

Travellers offer thanks to Brighton

Travellers offer thanks to Brighton

Illegally parked travellers have thanked council officials for their kindness, saying they have been treated better in Brighton and Hove than anywhere else.

A group of Irish travellers who have set up an illegal camp in the car park of the Waterhall playing fields, close to the junction of the A27, said they were incredibly grateful to Brighton and Hove City Council for their help.

The travellers spoke as it emerged four illegal encampments of caravans had sprung up in the city this week.

Typically travellers come into the city in the summer, leaving as the weather gets colder.

But over the Christmas and New Year period a number arrived.

Travellers’camps are currently located at Brighton Racecourse just north of Manor Hill, in the Duke’s car park at the entrance to Stanmer Park, the Pavilion car park at Waterhall, and at Black Rock.

The Brighton Racecourse travellers were previously staying at Sheepcote Valley, off Wilson Avenue, but were moved on after Brighton and Hove City Council was granted a possession order in the county court.

Prayers of thanks

Traveller 35-year-old John O’Leary, from Ireland, explained that he and his family were parked off Waterhall while visiting relatives who lived in the permanent travellers’ site at Horsdean, Patcham.

Mr O’Leary, who said they had been on the site for about two weeks and would probably move on Sunday, said: “The council has been so helpful. We’ve said a prayer for the council.

“We are all so thankful that they have been so welcoming.

“They have let us use the toilets and brought bins down which have been regularly emptied.”

A city council spokesman said: “Some of the travellers from Sheepcote Valley are now occupying racecourse land.

“This is private land and the unauthorised encampment will be dealt with by the landowner."

The encampment on Madeira Drive is being monitored by the authority and Sussex Police.

A court order to have the Waterhall travellers moved on has been secured the the authority is applying for a separate order so it could clear the caravans at Stanmer Park.

Ben Duncan, the council’s cabinet member for communities, equalities and public protection, said the large numbers of travellers currently in the city indicated there was a need for a second permanent travellers’ site.

Ben Duncan, the council’s cabinet member for communities, equalities and public protection, said the large numbers of travellers currently in the city indicated there was a need for a second permanent travellers’ site.

He said: “It is very difficult for travellers. It is difficult if you are on an illegal encampment. It proves the need for some sort of permanent provision.”

sorry but what do the rate payers pay their rates for....or am i , once again , being a ****ing bigot.....?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here