Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live in Hove? Shame about your new neighbours

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I had a weird situation in my Close (Portslade) last week. My grey recycling bin hadn’t been emptied, nor had anyone else’s. I filled in the BH council ‘missed collection’ online form. I came home from work next day to find that my bin had been emptied, but only mine! I checked, everyone else still had rubbish in theirs! I felt quite embarrassed, it wasn’t even full.
Run by monkeys

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Wish the council would empty my bins, not been emptied in over 4 weeks Brighton & Hove City Council continues to be not fit for purpose, whatever colour.

I wonder if the hysterical hen Lucas will be down there, telling the lovely folk to stop running generators and asking them to recycle? Probably not, far to busy trying to overturn a democratic referendum result.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

birthofanorange

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I wonder if the hysterical hen Lucas will be down there, telling the lovely folk to stop running generators and asking them to recycle? Probably not, far to busy trying to overturn a democratic referendum result.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You? I thought you 'left' months ago? :)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
They're humans. Why not get someone down there to see how long they're intending to stay for, get a couple of big bins down there for them to use and there won't be any problems. They make people feel uncomfortable because of the demonisation of them as people but it's an attitude. Treat them with respect, and they'll not cause anyone a problem.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Ben Duncan left the council years ago. Why are you posting this as if it is current ?

And Ben Duncan was, and probably still is, one of the biggest CJTCs on the planet !

birthofanorange

Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
They're humans. Why not get someone down there to see how long they're intending to stay for, get a couple of big bins down there for them to use and there won't be any problems. They make people feel uncomfortable because of the demonisation of them as people but it's an attitude. Treat them with respect, and they'll not cause anyone a problem.

I sincerely hope that was typed with tongue firmly in cheek, if not, you're crazy. :)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Is that a whoosh? if not you are deluded

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I can see this convoy arriving along Goring in the next few days, the council put thick wooden posts in all around the greensward but it only takes 10 seconds with a chainsaw to cut them to ground level.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

You actually believe that don’t you, oh my days, I’m not sure wether to laugh or be concerned, maybe you’re baiting.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Absolutely not true. When they pitched up on St Helen's Green they stole from the local shops and when one of the shop assistants tried to challenge them she was treatened with violance. When one of the locals saw their cat being picked up and taken they went to the Green and challenged them. This local was then told to eff off becuase the cat was going whether they liked it or not. That doesn't even touch on the amount of rubbish and human shit that was left behind when they were kicked off. And don't even start me on the criminal damage they have created at the local park on numerous occassions to get into the park.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I thought we voted OUT. What are they still doing here?!!!! LEAVE MEANS LEAVE.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Oh **** off will ya

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Absolutely not true. When they pitched up on St Helen's Green they stole from the local shops and when one of the shop assistants tried to challenge them she was treatened with violance. When one of the locals saw their cat being picked up and taken they went to the Green and challenged them. This local was then told to eff off becuase the cat was going whether they liked it or not. That doesn't even touch on the amount of rubbish and human shit that was left behind when they were kicked off. And don't even start me on the criminal damage they have created at the local park on numerous occassions to get into the park.

Well, that's a very serious situation which clearly the coppers need to be involved with. That behaviour isn't acceptable in any walk of life or under any circumstances.

But how do we know those on the Lawns are intent to be trouble makers rather than families wanting to enjoy time by the sea? Treat people with respect and they'll generally reciprocate, treat them like vermin and you'll get the inevitably defensive response. I don't believe people are inherently good or bad and I see no reason to just assume they're vermin and treat them with the kind of hate seen in this thread and I've seen on Facebook.

Walk a mile in their shoes before writing them off as people.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Well, that's a very serious situation which clearly the coppers need to be involved with. That behaviour isn't acceptable in any walk of life or under any circumstances.

But how do we know those on the Lawns are intent to be trouble makers rather than families wanting to enjoy time by the sea? Treat people with respect and they'll generally reciprocate, treat them like vermin and you'll get the inevitably defensive response. I don't believe people are inherently good or bad and I see no reason to just assume they're vermin and treat them with the kind of hate seen in this thread and I've seen on Facebook.

They don’t walk you fool, they drive everywhere and be advised they have only one interest which is doing deals and not paying for anything.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Ok, I’ll take the bait.

What respect are they showing the people of B+H and it’s law abiding visitors? Would you want to run thru that mess on a training run?

Do you really think they will give a departure date, then keep to it and leave the place spotless? They are not allowed to move their vehicles across the pavement or camp on the lawns. They should therefore be prosecuted and kicked off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here