Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live in Hove? Shame about your new neighbours

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Are you sure they're Irish travellers?

Are Romani Gypsies supposed to be nicer?

My take in this country is there seems to be several types of Pikey,

Irish mob in caravans towed by lorry’s & Transit style vans.

Irish mob in motor homes & occasionally a smattering of caravans.

English travellers often static but some on the move often found on fixed sites or integrated into the non traveler community. Nb. this lot lay claim to Romany heritage.

The type in the traditional wagons and horses. Nb. This lot lay claim to Romany heritage.

The first on the list are by fast the worse strain.

I’ve had dealings with an English Gypsy and whilst he was a perfectly nice chap you always felt at any moment he’d turn on a sixpence if the deal didn’t go his way.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I’ve had dealings with an English Gypsy and whilst he was a perfectly nice chap you always felt at any moment he’d turn on a sixpence if the deal didn’t go his way.!!

Likewise......Straight talking totally trustworthy..respect for elderly and women !!! However if you cross em you may be in trouble !!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Years ago an Irish traveller stepped in when a friend of mine was being racially abused. From this it seems they're not all "subhuman scum".

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Are you sure they're Irish travellers?

Are Romani Gypsies supposed to be nicer?

romani-ite-domum.jpg

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
You've posted an entire thread full of nonsense but this is the most baffling of the lot. Well, except for the whole "hug a traveller" thing.

IT's not baffling one bit.

You love to attack travellers at any given time. Read any Tyson Fury thread and you're on it getting very personal towards him. It's no coincidence you're now on this thread attacking the whole trailing community with bullshit generalisation due to a handful of negative occurrences you've kinda experienced (a mates mate)
You're coming across to me as someone who loves to hate. We were taught growing up that views like yours toward travellers are discriminative and narrow minded. You never seem to have a fair, non judgmental opinion in these sort of debates. It's always either they're extremely bad or extremely good, you never seem to bring a better, more peaceful viewpoint to the board. This thread is a fine example. You're berating me for looking at things more peacefully and less judgmentally than you so you're resorting to calling that as "hug a traveller" talk, and I'm pretty sure you said earlier something about it being soppy too. It's as if you want unity through hate so when I pop up with a bit of piece and love 'shit' you get very negative towards it.

Not trying to be horrible but why the need to be nasty all the time? You do come across as a bitter old man from my end of things.

anyways , good luck with your hate campaign. Hopefully one day someone will kill off all these travellers....

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
IT's not baffling one bit.

You love to attack travellers at any given time. Read any Tyson Fury thread and you're on it getting very personal towards him. It's no coincidence you're now on this thread attacking the whole trailing community with bullshit generalisation due to a handful of negative occurrences you've kinda experienced (a mates mate)
You're coming across to me as someone who loves to hate. We were taught growing up that views like yours toward travellers are discriminative and narrow minded. You never seem to have a fair, non judgmental opinion in these sort of debates. It's always either they're extremely bad or extremely good, you never seem to bring a better, more peaceful viewpoint to the board. This thread is a fine example. You're berating me for looking at things more peacefully and less judgmentally than you so you're resorting to calling that as "hug a traveller" talk, and I'm pretty sure you said earlier something about it being soppy too. It's as if you want unity through hate so when I pop up with a bit of piece and love 'shit' you get very negative towards it.

Not trying to be horrible but why the need to be nasty all the time? You do come across as a bitter old man from my end of things.

anyways , good luck with your hate campaign. Hopefully one day someone will kill off all these travellers....

Wow [emoji50]

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Even as we speak I'm sure the Council's Environmental Enforcement Officers will be visiting the site to impose fixed penalty notices for littering and fly-tipping, won't they?

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
It is quite interesting that when they stop travelling and become fixed, it doesn't seem that their behaviour improves. There is an (in)famous council estate in Orpington which is populated and "owned" by ex-travellers. A builder friend of mine had a major renovation job near there, and they came to visit and instructed him and his team to give them any scrap metal from the job each night, and that if they didn't they would find all of the scaffolding / tools / building work smashed up. My friend is no snowflake but he complied. It is just plain wrong.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It is quite interesting that when they stop travelling and become fixed, it doesn't seem that their behaviour improves. There is an (in)famous council estate in Orpington which is populated and "owned" by ex-travellers. A builder friend of mine had a major renovation job near there, and they came to visit and instructed him and his team to give them any scrap metal from the job each night, and that if they didn't they would find all of the scaffolding / tools / building work smashed up. My friend is no snowflake but he complied. It is just plain wrong.

It doesn’t change one thing. The burglaries, extortion from the vulnerable, theft of vehicles/metals/caravans/agricultural kit all carries on a pace. It’s in the thieving, no morals DNA of a huge number of English and Irish travellers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here