Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool Away 30th November - ticket advice

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
I was just wondering what people's thoughts were about attendance for the above and whether we are likely to sell all the tickets in the away end?

I am an Albion+ member and go to most of the home games but don't seem to be able to get tickets for the closer away games as they sell out to the season ticket holders before it gets to us (not complaining, that's the way it is!).

My wife wants to go to Liverpool to see the city and I thought I might arrange to go up there for a few days and also go to the match. I would have been able to get tickets for Man City and Newcastle away but wondered if those with more experience might have an idea if the Liverpool fixture normally sells out? I am guessing that the further away games I would have a better chance of securing tickets.

Will wait a couple of weeks to see if the fixture time changes for TV before booking accommodation but what do you reckon the chances of getting a ticket are?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
First wait if changed, say it becomes a Saturday 17:30 or Sunday fixture I doubt it will sell out

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This game in our first season wasn’t sold out a couple of days before the day. I know this as a couple of friends had booked a weekend away....only to realise at the last minute they’d forgotten to buy the actual match tickets. They were able to purchase tickets with no problem.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Anyone who wants to go to this can get a ticket. Just be patient. It won’t sell out as HT alludes. Holds no interest to the older fans as we’ve all been and, like yday, football is now so biased in favour of a few teams at the top these type of away games aren’t a sporting contest anymore. Still attractive if you’re into football tourism mind. You can say you’ve been and stand their with your phone posting it online to millions of potential viewers who won’t give a shit. But as long as you can show you’re ‘there’ and it’s ‘incredible’ that’s the main thing. But as a spectacle, it’s a long way to go for such boringly predictable fayre, I seriously look forward more to trips to Burnley, Watford etc. You’re very welcome to Old Trafford’s Emirates and Anfields of this world. Especially as the supporter facilities are shite compared to our Amex. Prepare to be underwhelmed!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Anyone who wants to go to this can get a ticket. Just be patient. It won’t sell out as HT alludes. Holds no interest to the older fans as we’ve all been and, like yday, football is now so biased in favour of a few teams at the top these type of away games aren’t a sporting contest anymore. Still attractive if you’re into football tourism mind. You can say you’ve been and stand their with your phone posting it online to millions of potential viewers who won’t give a shit. But as long as you can show you’re ‘there’ and it’s ‘incredible’ that’s the main thing. But as a spectacle, it’s a long way to go for such boringly predictable fayre, I seriously look forward more to trips to Burnley, Watford etc. You’re very welcome to Old Trafford’s Emirates and Anfields of this world. Especially as the supporter facilities are shite compared to our Amex. Prepare to be underwhelmed!
You OK hun?

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I agree with your general sentiment, I have zero interest in going to the Etihad to see the annual outclassing of the Albion.

But in our last two matches at Anfield we caused lots of problems and could easily have got a draw with better composure.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I agree with your general sentiment, I have zero interest in going to the Etihad to see the annual outclassing of the Albion.

But in our last two matches at Anfield we caused lots of problems and could easily have got a draw with better composure.

Thought about that but if Gros had equalised, it probably would’ve been a bit like Murray putting us 1 nil up against City I.e. now look at what you’ve done, we’ve really pissed them off....and within five minutes they’ve woken up and Ryan’s picked the ball out our net twice. As a contest last time the result was never in doubt. Probably be my last ever visit to Anfield, it was certainly no Jan ‘91 or ‘83!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Good post that.
Another stadium with some very poor away seats.

theboybilly

You OK hun?

He has made very valid points though. The Manchester/Liverpool clubs have limited appeal for me. I went yesterday but there is nothing for away fans around the ground. Most city centre pubs move to plastic glasses before the game. These away games are more bother than they are worth for me - a full day (home after midnight) for not much joy outside of the 90mins of watching the game. There are much better aways without all the faff. Villa, Burnley, Norwich and Newcastle are all much better value imho.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Thought about that but if Gros had equalised, it probably would’ve been a bit like Murray putting us 1 nil up against City I.e. now look at what you’ve done, we’ve really pissed them off....and within five minutes they’ve woken up and Ryan’s picked the ball out our net twice. As a contest last time the result was never in doubt. Probably be my last ever visit to Anfield, it was certainly no Jan ‘91 or ‘83!

Wasn't that in pretty much the last minute though

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Will go a long way down in points, plenty of chance for those who are missing out on the bigger games. Crap away end, pain to get to the ground if going on the train, long drive. Same will be true of Everton.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
. I went yesterday but there is nothing for away fans around the ground..

Wasn't at all welcoming for away fans, one of the very worst in the country. We were not even allowed to walk around the stadium we were only allowed to go in the away section. Even at Millwall you are able to walk around everywhere before the game. Everything was surrounded by metal fencing and it felt like you were boarding a plane when going through security, never had such a strong cuddle during a search.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here