Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Dan Burn Takedown

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere.
I wanted to see the Burn takedown again.....high ball came over Burn and Aguero, Burn took it down with such skill that Aguero applauded him... commentator said “you won’t see a better touch than that all weekend.
Anyone got a clip?, I’d love to see it clearly instead of on the mosaic stream I watched.

Lost the ball too cheaply in our own half in minute one, and 20 seconds later it was 1-0. Needs to concentrate on defending

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
It was an amazing bit of skill, coming looping in high over his shoulder and he just killed the ball’s momentum and tuned with it glued to his feet (or similar).

In vaguely related news, the new person who uses that f/ing annoying word ‘tekkers’ I shall personally beat to a pulp with a garlic bulb.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
He took it beautifully and away from Aguero so I’m going to put that in the defending bracket.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
It was an amazing bit of skill, coming looping in high over his shoulder and he just killed the ball’s momentum and tuned with it glued to his feet (or similar).

In vaguely related news, the new person who uses that f/ing annoying word ‘tekkers’ I shall personally beat to a pulp with a garlic bulb.

I was trying to find a cringe emoji having had to type the awful abbreviation!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I missed it, would like to see it also if anyone has a clip/gif.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Here you are.

BURN2.gif

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Did they show it on MOTD ?

Maybe I live in an Albion bubble...but all I've heard about the game has been about how competitive we were with our style of play and how we gave Man City something different to think about. Yet I watched MOTD and very few moments of our play were shown and the pundits only spoke about Man City

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Here you are.

BURN2.gif

Bruno was a master of trapping a high ball dead, maybe his coaching is starting to rub off on others.

Maybe I live in an Albion bubble...but all I've heard about the game has been about how competitive we were with our style of play and how we gave Man City something different to think about. Yet I watched MOTD and very few moments of our play were shown and the pundits only spoke about Man City

Lineker mention very briefly at the beginning of the post game summary how well we'd played. I think more telling is Pep's praise for us, lets focus on that positive rather than the generic top 6 vs anyone summing up you always get from pundits.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

The possession stats tell a different story. I watched a live stream and thought we did well. Not too many clear cut chances though.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I suspect Dan Burn is a victim of the classic English mentality of putting the big man at the back. His touch and crossing are very good and out of keeping with a standard (British) centre half.

I'm quite taken with the idea of him playing number 10 to Peter Crouch's 9.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The Dan Burn Takedown.

Great band, remember them well. Liked their early stuff too, before they became really famous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I like Dan Burn, regardless of him being gangly and sometimes like a new born herd animal. He's entertaining, not afraid to try something different or out of character for a centre half and will get better with premier league experience

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
To be honest, he looked a bit surprised himself to see what he had done - he was looking straight ahead, so presumably he thought that's where the ball would end up!

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Bruno was a master of trapping a high ball dead, maybe his coaching is starting to rub off on others.

Lineker mention very briefly at the beginning of the post game summary how well we'd played. I think more telling is Pep's praise for us, lets focus on that positive rather than the generic top 6 vs anyone summing up you always get from pundits.

Also some positive comment about Burn (and the Albion performance in general) on Manchester City fans forum...

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/brighton-post-match-thread.342038/page-24

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here